St. Maarten at night!

CGAGE

Any ideas on what to do at night? Our ship will be there from 8:00 a.m. until 1:00 a.m. Are there any cool bars to hit at night, or a great restaurant not to miss???

All suggestions are welcome!

Thanks-

Carrie

Iif you are indeed going to be there until 1 A.M., catch a cab to the Maho area (at the start of the airport runway). There is plenty of night life and bars in that area. Also, closer to the ship is the new boardwalk in Phillipsburg which has plenty of bars and shops, but may not be the place to be at night. Also, near the dock is The Greenhouse with good food, music, and 2 for 1 drinks at late night happy hour. Hope this helps!

Thanks Doug! Yes...your info helps very much! I posted the same question on the Ports of Call section about 2 or 3 days ago...and still haven't gotten any responses!

Indeed...we will be there until 1:00a.m. It's one of the biggest reasons we booked this particular cruise!

Thanks again!

The small French-side town of Grand Case has some of the best restaurants in the Caribbean.

The marina area in Marigot (also French-side) has a number of wonderful cafes and bistros and some very interesting shops that you won't find in Phillipsburg.

By-pass Maho (just junk!) and go over to the French side, you'll see stuff that many of the cruise passengers don't see.

I disagree about by-passing Maho - Cheri's is infamous and must be visited by all first-time tourists to St. Maarten!

It is quite a distance from the dock, however. Perhaps a 20-25 minute taxi ride. I love Cheri's, though. Outdoor cafe with great bartenders making wonderful drinks, the food is delicious, but the live bands are by far the best reason to go - lots of people up dancing and singing - check it out!

Make sure you leave plenty of time for your return to the ship . . . catch that return cab early!

For someplace closer to the dock - I second The Greenhouse. Count on it being mobbed, though . . .

Have a great time on the Island . . . I've been going there for the last 10 years (own a timeshare at The Belair); and don't forget to pick up some alcohol - cheapest prices in the Caribbean by far!

Thanks for all the great ideas! We've been to the island 3 or 4 times, but have never been to the French side...I'm thinking we'll definitely go there! I'm just not sure if we'll stay away from the ship until late, or head back and end our visit at The Greenhouse! We have some time to decide...all suggestions are appreciated!

Archived