Passports needed?

adh27

Hi, sorry if this is a dumb question but I really cannot figure out the answer! My cruise is booked as a "western caribbean" cruise. We will be stopping in Belize, Cozumel, and Roatan. Do we need passports to go to these ports? The Princess planner says passports are not needed for caribbean ports, but do need them for central america. Even though this is booked as caribbean, aren't these central american ports? I have heard calling Princess does not necessarily mean I will receive correct info, so I am asking the experts here instead. :)

p.s. Hubby and I have passports, but need to know if we need to get them for our children. Thank you in advance!

Hi, sorry if this is a dumb question but I really cannot figure out the answer! My cruise is booked as a "western caribbean" cruise. We will be stopping in Belize, Cozumel, and Roatan. Do we need passports to go to these ports? The Princess planner says passports are not needed for caribbean ports, but do need them for central america. Even though this is booked as caribbean, aren't these central american ports? I have heard calling Princess does not necessarily mean I will receive correct info, so I am asking the experts here instead. :)

p.s. Hubby and I have passports, but need to know if we need to get them for our children. Thank you in advance!

You do not need them to enter each country on the cruise.

You will need them if for any reason you are late and miss the ship and need to fly home.

The countries want you to enter their country.

It is re-entering the US that you need your passports.

I never get off the ship without my passport, but a lot of people are gamblers and will tell you to leave them on the ship. (why have them then?!?!?!)

Bill

No matter what the itinerary, we always cruise with our passports. However, unless a country specifically requires you to have your passport with you (like Russia), we leave the passports in the cabin safe and take a photocopy.

TWICE we had bad experiences carrying passports / money - pickpockets got us during a Cruise Sponsored Excursion. Now we only carry a color copy of the passports & leave them in our cabin safe. If I am required to carry a passport it is in a pouch around my neck & under my shirt.

From what I have read - your children don't need them since we are completing a "closed loop". If for some reason you are left behind, when you re-enter the US you will need them.

I am just taking copies of their birth certificates, plus our passports. And making sure I don't miss the ship!

Archived