Western Caribbean reviews

LTFRFD

Looking to read some reviews and hopefully look at pictures of your trips. Booked a western itinerary and have never been. Particularly interested in reviewing belize, Cozumel, Roatan and costa maya. I'm not really an excursion guy just a beach guy if you have any information ill take that as well. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Looking to read some reviews and hopefully look at pictures of your trips. Booked a western itinerary and have never been. Particularly interested in reviewing belize, Cozumel, Roatan and costa maya. I'm not really an excursion guy just a beach guy if you have any information ill take that as well. Thanks

Go to Cruise Critic Member Reviews -- find your particular ship -- there are hundreds or reviews!

Go to CC Ports of Call, find Caribbean, then the individual ports -- tons of information.

Do a search on CC, using the search function in the upper left hand side.

There's also tons of info on Trip Advisor and port-specific websites -- google.

Have fun!

Join the Roll Call for your sailing -- I always get a lot of great information from the folks who will be on the same ship with me. Sometimes you can even get in on a group excursion

Funny you should say that. I started a roll call for my sailing, which is 9/13/14 on the carnival sunshine out of port canaveral. However, only 1 other member has joined.. Lol, looks like we will have the ship to ourselves !!

Funny you should say that. I started a roll call for my sailing, which is 9/13/14 on the carnival sunshine out of port canaveral. However, only 1 other member has joined.. Lol, looks like we will have the ship to ourselves !!

Wow -- well, you will certainly have the run of the ship, then!:)

Little early for next year. Roll calls normally pick up the closer to the sailing.

Little early for next year. Roll calls normally pick up the closer to the sailing.

I know it's early but it's never to early to plan ahead !

I've looked through them already with limited success. Thanks

Look at Mr Sancho's or Nachicocom for Cozumel.

In Costa Maya, look at Tropicante. The cabanas in Mahogany Bay are nice.

We did these ports on the Dream. We had a beach/snorkel day in Costa Maya, the water smelled like sulfur and the snorkel was a bust. My FIL was with us and he went to the beach in Roatan and said it was good, I also heard our felllow passengers say the same. We did non beach excursions in Belize and Cozumel. We would do this route again, but trying to get other ports first.

We did these ports on the Dream. We had a beach/snorkel day in Costa Maya, the water smelled like sulfur and the snorkel was a bust. My FIL was with us and he went to the beach in Roatan and said it was good, I also heard our felllow passengers say the same. We did non beach excursions in Belize and Cozumel. We would do this route again, but trying to get other ports first.

Ok this may sound funny but I'm a water guy and usually base my trip on which island has the nicest water. I absolutely love the eastern Caribbean and I'm afraid I won't find the type of crystal blue water you find there. My wife conned me into the western itinerary and I hope I won't be disappointed. Please tell me they have nice water. Thanks for the info.

We plan to sail on the Dream on 08/24/14. We do not stop in Costa Maya, but will be in Belize, Roatan and Cozumel. Planning beach days in Cozumel and Roatan, still not sure about Belize. I know it will be short notice before your sailing but will be happy to report back!!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

You're in luck because I'm a "beach kinda girl". :p I guess it also helps that I have done these ports a few times, actually, so much that after my December cruise, I swear to NOT go back to the western for awhile (I'm going back to Eastern, trying Southern or Bermuda!!! Darnit!!)

Anyhow, tons of links in my signature line. They are clickable (just make sure on the LONG ones that you are on the right corresponding post listed beside each review. Everyone has their "forum post" set differently, so when you click on the link, it might not take you to the correct page because I have mine set very high). :)

Let me know if you have any questions. :)

My favorites

Cozumel: Mr. Sanchos all inclusive

9274464187_e9105443de.jpg

image by alrichards4003, on Flickr

Roatan: Maya Key or Swim with the dolphins

9676698402_4a0cd35eb4.jpg

Belize: Altun Ha ruins/River Wallace or stay on ship

Costa May: Maya Chan

9676698526_ba95a77fba.jpg

9676698346_4b26ae7430.jpg

Our favorite beach and port is Roatan by far

Take a look at this video of west bay beach in Roatan

We always use victor bodden tours and have never been disappointed

http://boddentours.com/bestofroatan.htm#HMB

$40 each for two for an entire day tour.$100 with a tip very well spent :)

My favorites

Cozumel: Mr. Sanchos all inclusive

9274464187_e9105443de.jpg

Roatan: Maya Key or Swim with the dolphins

9676698402_4a0cd35eb4.jpg

Belize: Altun Ha ruins/River Wallace or stay on ship

Costa May: Maya Chan

9676698526_ba95a77fba.jpg

9676698346_4b26ae7430.jpg

Next week we be at Mr Sanchos again ;) We cant wait

The swim up bar is my favorite.

The food was really good when we visited last year .Hopefully good this trip too

I loved the service too ,we were swimming in the ocean and our waiter was standing at the waters edge with our drinks

We were Nachi Cocum fans until we tried Mr Sanchos 1000% better

Can you just go to Mr Sanchos or do you need to book via Carnival or book directly? Thanks!

Joe

You have to book the all inclusive online .Its $5 pp to reserve (through paypal) and $40 PP when you arrive

They do have a pay as you go section too but I think $100($20 tip included) for a couple for the day all you eat and drink is really cheap

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g150809-d1862550-Reviews-Mr_Sanchos_Cozumel-Cozumel_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

Archived