Royal aft balcony question

cibaygirls

Hello crusie critic experts...

I realize this info might be in some of the Royal threads, but as I look for it, I find myself getting confused.

I am looking at booking my first ever true aft balcony. I am interested in seeing the Royal for the first time, and like the idea of a bigger balcony than what appears to be offered in the more traditional balcony cabins. Plus I have always wanted an aft cabin...

My question is: Is there a specific cabin/deck that people feel is best?

I realize that best is subjective, but am open to what people think are pros and cons... or perhaps they are all equal?

Thanks

Dana

Aft balconies are great!! On the Royal, only those on Dolphin and Baja decks provide partial shade. All others are totally open to the deck above you.

So, depending on whether you're a sun goddess or need some shade to sit and enjoy a glass of wine, choose accordingly :)

Whichever you choose, enjoy!

Marina and Riviera deck balconies are 9' deep and fully uncovered similar to Grand class Dolphin deck minisuite balconies but larger. Marina deck balconies are totally exposed to the Horizon Terrace on Lido deck. Baja and Dolphin deck are 9' deep and half covered just like Grand class Caribe deck balconies. Aloha. Caribe and Emerald deck balconies are 5' deep and fully uncovered.

If you like some shade, I would probably recommend Baja deck first. Not sure what those full height partitions will be like on one side of each balcony on Dolphin deck. We have D729 booked for the TA and will let you know then.

Thank you so much so far for the info.. I had Dolphin Deck in my head for some reason.. I do like the idea of a combo covered/uncovered balcony, as I, as so many others loved the Caribe balconies on the Grand class ships.

Now to do some price comparison shopping :)

Dana,

we are sailing on the Royal next June 6th.... leaving from the Germany port.. most others will leave a few days earlier from the Copenhagen port (the ship has the two on and off ports).. same amount of days for each.. just start and end in either Copenhagen or berlin.

either case.. we had a front balcony on the starboard side (lido deck).. as we seem to always like that deck on ships... we have always had a balcony of the side... we just got done changing it to an aft-rear facing balcony room.. as it seems like to will be a nice change and something different to look forward to. We figure that the balconies seem bigger and we got the premium deluxe balcony and there are only four of them per deck.. all on the back of the ship. The room we just got is B (baja) 736 and we think it will be fun. It says that it is 9' x 9' and five feet is covered and 4 feet uncovered.. so, get the best of both worlds...

well, we hope it is fun and hope we made the correct decision and do not regret it... I hope that it is not loud from the engine and other things at the rear making noise,,, as we like keeping the balcony door open at times to hear the waves, etc...

have a blast,,, and if anyone else has used a aft room... please give us your two cents worth...

marshall and donna:)

We got upgrade from an s5 to s2. We are on in two weeks and can take some pics. We were disappointed it was a smaller balcony but cant conplain with the upgrade.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Forums mobile app

Dana,

we are sailing on the Royal next June 6th.... leaving from the Germany port.. most others will leave a few days earlier from the Copenhagen port (the ship has the two on and off ports).. same amount of days for each.. just start and end in either Copenhagen or berlin.

either case.. we had a front balcony on the starboard side (lido deck).. as we seem to always like that deck on ships... we have always had a balcony of the side... we just got done changing it to an aft-rear facing balcony room.. as it seems like to will be a nice change and something different to look forward to. We figure that the balconies seem bigger and we got the premium deluxe balcony and there are only four of them per deck.. all on the back of the ship. The room we just got is B (baja) 736 and we think it will be fun. It says that it is 9' x 9' and five feet is covered and 4 feet uncovered.. so, get the best of both worlds...

well, we hope it is fun and hope we made the correct decision and do not regret it... I hope that it is not loud from the engine and other things at the rear making noise,,, as we like keeping the balcony door open at times to hear the waves, etc...

have a blast,,, and if anyone else has used a aft room... please give us your two cents worth...

We have the same cabin booked for our 11/17/13 cruise. I will post pictures when we return. We always get aft facing balconies and have never had any engine noise. The only thing we have had is vibration from the thrusters when pulling into port. Once you have an aft balcony you will always want one.

Eileen,

thanks so much for the reply and it is looking like we may have made the right decision to change to an aft - rear facing balcony room. we will look for your photos and reviews when you get back...

thanks again and hope you have a great time..

Archived