To early to book hotel for 1/23/06?

rkaplan

We just booked a cruise for 1/23/06 and I went to Priceline this weekend to book a hotel for 3 nights before cruise and one night after and couldn't get anything. Is it to early?

Yes, its probably too early. I am looking for a hotel room for 2/10/06 and have tried with no success. Keep trying, I seemed to have the best luck 6 months out on priceline.

Please let us know how you make out.

We too are sailing 1/23/06 , what ship are you going on? We did book our hotel and got the Clarion/Bayside for $98 a night. It is just a few min from Bayside market in Miami. I did book through the hotel website, not Priceline sine we needed 4 rooms, I did not want to chance we would not get all the rooms we needed.

Bev

It sounds like you did great! I've stayed at many and had excellent luck with both Marriott Courtyards and Holiday Inn Express throughout the USA. They all seem to be clean with a friendly staff. Congratulations on your first Priceline success!

Wennfred, this is certainly a great site, and its a great spot to look at hotels, but you would pay alot more for these hotels through this site than priceline. Even though you cannot choose the hotel you want through priceline, I still say its a great deal.

Doone,

I think that I bid just for the downtown area and the Courtyard was a 2 1/2 star. Looking back I probably could have gotten a little higher star if I'd have bid South Beach area - but who knows. I'm happy with the price since anywhere else its $179 for that night!:D

I've been trying to get a 3*, either DT or Beach in Ft. Lauderdale for late Jan./early Feb. Nothing but rejections so far. Last year I got our hotels for Jan. in March. Something I heard is that there is a Marathon race in Miami the 26th thru the 29th of Jan. This could be why hotels are hard to come by at a less expensive rate. Last Sat. there was not a room to be found in Miami or Ft. Lauderdale. When I checked on Tues., all hotels had rooms available.

Wennfred, this is certainly a great site, and its a great spot to look at hotels, but you would pay alot more for these hotels through this site than priceline. Even though you cannot choose the hotel you want through priceline, I still say its a great deal.

No, I Use this site just for Research, to show me whats close to the port, call the Hotels yourself, thats what I did and booked.

Archived