Yet another Playa Mia question

aggie_gal

I think we've decided on Playa Mia for our excursion in Cozumel. Do we actually have to book this as an excursion, or can we take a cab there and pay when we get there? This probably won't be the smartest option since I think there are 6 ships in Cozumel that day, but just trying to figure out all the options. It looks like, according to Playa Mia's website, you can take a catamaran from the port there too. Problem is there are no prices posted anywhere on their website!

I think our best bet is to book through the independent company, but just wanted to see if I was missing something to make things less expensive.

Last December, there were 9 ships in port and we thought there would be no way to get a taxi but there were hundreds of them lined up in front of the terminal and we had no problem at all to catch one. It seems Cozumel has a LOT of taxis :). The only catamaran we found to book outside of the ship was the Fe Sail and Snorkel Excursion. It seems to be a smaller boat and that is exactly what we'd prefer and they got good reviews on TA so we will give it a chance next time.

I think we've decided on Playa Mia for our excursion in Cozumel. Do we actually have to book this as an excursion, or can we take a cab there and pay when we get there? This probably won't be the smartest option since I think there are 6 ships in Cozumel that day, but just trying to figure out all the options. It looks like, according to Playa Mia's website, you can take a catamaran from the port there too. Problem is there are no prices posted anywhere on their website!

I think our best bet is to book through the independent company, but just wanted to see if I was missing something to make things less expensive.

From what I've read, Playa Mia has exclusive deals with all the cruiselines, so they aren't supposed to take walk up cruisers.

(probably why they have no prices listed online)

Some say Playa Mia doesn't ask and some have said they were asked and just said they were staying at __________ hotel.

The independent company is much cheaper than any of the cruiseline excursions.

I would just pay the $16 for the cab for four each way and book it through the independent company.

Not sure if this is the one you speak of.

http://www.cozumel-watersports.com/excursions/playamiadaypass.html

Bill

Archived