Okay to bring mirror on board?

mAlien13

This may be a bizarre question, but I use a light-up standing mirror, which plugs in, to apply my makeup. I've been planning to bring it with me, but now, two nights before I leave, I'm suddenly worried that this might be a problem, somewhat like bringing an iron on board. Does anyone have experience with this issue?

When I travel I put the mirror in its original box, just to protect it, and the box is large, but weighs next to nothing. Thank you for the responses! Just for my peace if mind, if they do flag it and don't want it on the ship, would they likely hold it until the end of the cruise or ask me to find a way to get rid of it before we depart?

When I travel I put the mirror in its original box, just to protect it, and the box is large, but weighs next to nothing. Thank you for the responses! Just for my peace if mind, if they do flag it and don't want it on the ship, would they likely hold it until the end of the cruise or ask me to find a way to get rid of it before we depart?

Confiscated items like irons, etc would be held for you to pick up on departure.

I thought there were lighted mirrors for make-up already on the ship... are you sure you need to lug this around?

Of course I don't usually wear makeup on the ship (usually). :p

I remember lighted mirrors on the Gem in the PH at least.

If it's the type I'm thinking of, it doesn't just light up... it magnifies. It can be a terrifying thing to look into after a long night. Those types of mirrors will never leave you feeling like the fairest one of all.

As long as it doesn't constitute a fire hazard, it should be fine.

Well, if there are mirrors in the rooms, I would LOVE to not have to bring mine! Does anyone know if the mini-suites on the Jewel have these mirrors? I do have a small one that magnifies that I could bring if there is a regular one on the vanity. Does anyone have advice about whether I could just call NCL to confirm if there are mirrors in the mini-suites?

I thought there were lighted mirrors for make-up already on the ship... are you sure you need to lug this around?

Of course I don't usually wear makeup on the ship (usually). :p

The light up mirrors are only in suites unfortunately. :(

Thanks, everyone. I called NCL and the agent could not tell me anything about stand alone mirrors in any of the rooms, so that was a dead end. I see that most of the feedback is that they are in suites only. I went to YouTube, however, and watched a few walk-throughs of mini-suites on the Jewel; only one did not have a mirror on the surface in the sitting area. I think I am going to bring my small magnified mirror and use natural light as medicalma'am suggested, since I also can't see to put on eye makeup without the magnification. If there happens to be a mirror in the room, great, if not I should be fine.

Thanks again! :D

Thanks, everyone. I called NCL and the agent could not tell me anything about stand alone mirrors in any of the rooms, so that was a dead end. I see that most of the feedback is that they are in suites only. I went to YouTube, however, and watched a few walk-throughs of mini-suites on the Jewel; only one did not have a mirror on the surface in the sitting area. I think I am going to bring my small magnified mirror and use natural light as medicalma'am suggested, since I also can't see to put on eye makeup without the magnification. If there happens to be a mirror in the room, great, if not I should be fine.

Thanks again! :D

I'll chime in to agree I've only seen mag mirrors in suites on the Jewel class ships, AND neither the light nor the magnification is enough for me to apply my make-up! I always bring my own mag mirror, and actually, as long as the magnification is enough, I get by ok with the light provided at the vanity desk. Good luck!

As a guy, I clearly am out of touch with the importance of make-up on vacation, I guess. My personal goal is to carry around a few things as possible. Having said that, here are pictures of our Jewel mini suite.

Full sized mirror over the bathroom sink

DSCN4704-vi.jpg

Large mirror with lights at the desk (opening the curtains will likely provide more/better light). There is no lighted magnifying mirror in the room

DSCN4707-vi.jpg

There are also mirrors on the opposite wall behind the couch and head of the bed

DSCN4708-vi.jpg

Archived