Moby Dick Tours?

58Piano

I saw on tripadvisor that Moby Dick Tours was highly recommended. The photos look great. Half the boat looks shaded. The ladder going to the water has short easy steps. Only $45. They have free water and punch. Smaller amount of people. Sounds nice. So we booked it.

Has anyone done this tour? Do you like it?

• 2 weeks later...
I saw on tripadvisor that Moby Dick Tours was highly recommended. The photos look great. Half the boat looks shaded. The ladder going to the water has short easy steps. Only $45. They have free water and punch. Smaller amount of people. Sounds nice. So we booked it.

Has anyone done this tour? Do you like it?

It was very nice. Smaller boat than most. They will also drop you at 7 mile after if you want. Just take the green dot bus(vans) back.

• 4 weeks later...

We had a fantastic time with Moby Dick tours last week on our 9/29 sailing on the Freedom of the Seas.

We did not have anything planned for this port of call, and stepped off the ship to find a lot of people selling the same thing. Everyone is selling the $20 tour around the island, and some version of the Sting Ray City tour.

I saw the gentleman from Moby Dick sitting there with his sign, checking people in as they came of the ship and I approached him if they had any openings. He was very informative, polite, and after a couple minutes of discussion we made the booking.

The tour was great. The boat and equipment was very clean and well maintained, and the staff on board was very accommodating and knowledgeable.

The best part of the tour was at the Sting Ray Sandbar. Not because of the stringrays (which are obviously a highlight) but more because how the staff took care of guests, which was very different from the other boats that were there.

Most other boats were extremely crowded, and when the parked at the sandbar they gathered all of their customers into a giant circle to surround a stingray. They would talk about that one ray, take turns petting it, their photographer will take pictures for you, try to sell them to you, and they were on their way.

With Moby Dick, they spent part of the ride over to the sandbar informing us about the rays, and how to feed and handle them. When we docked at the sandbar, they pretty much let us loose and helped us along the way. We had three staff members in the water making sure each person individually had a great deal of time holding a stringray, showing us how to "scoop them up", and feeding them. At one point, one of the gentleman even remembered my name, and said "Hey have you had enough time with a Ray? Lets get one for you". There was no professional photographer, there was no pressure to buy anything, there was no upselling. It was a very relaxed, informative excursion and we loved every minute of it.

I would highly recommend Moby Dick Tours, it was fantastic.

Archived