NOLA & Beignets ??

mitsugirly

We stayed on Poydras a few years ago and we walked to the Cafe Du Monde for Beignets.

I remember someone telling me after I returned "That must have been a long walk. Did you know there is another place there that is closer?"

Can anyone tell me where this other place is located? I can't remember since it has been since 2011.

We will be in NOLA again this December and would like to find the other place and I want to look it up on the map to see how far it is (so a street name would be nice).

I tried to google the info and only came up with Cafe Du Monde.

Thanks in advance.

Both Google and Yelp found several/many locations in your general area. Cafe Beignet has a couple of locations and there are several others. Yelp is your friend!!! Have fun!!! We are down to 90 days tomorrow and so ready.

I have no clue what "yelp" is. I only use google and when I typed it in, I was only getting the Cafe Du Monde listed. :confused:

I have no clue what "yelp" is. I only use google and when I typed it in, I was only getting the Cafe Du Monde listed. :confused:

Try yelp.com and then select New Orleans. You will find several/many choice for beignets. It will give you locations, map directions and reviews. My google also shows Cafe Beignet as one of several choices.

In the past we traveled to NOLA almost every year for the free Jazz Fest in April.

While Cafe Du Monde for Beignets is the place to go, we did try Cafe Beignet on 311 Bourbon St. It has a different atmosphere than Cafe Du Monde and it makes it Beignets ust a little different. It was a toss up which one I liked better. I did like the Bourbon St location better.

Hope this helps.

If you tell me approximately where your accommodations are, I can give you instructions on how to get to the nearest one. There are about 10 of them around NOLA. I probably know where they all are. :D Did you go to the Café du Monde on Decatur Street in the French Quarter?

If you are a landmark lady, perhaps you remember this:

1233626_10151769142883046_1919150892_n.jpg

Cafe du Monde is really close on Decatur...:

1173707_10151769144653046_1816119438_n.jpg

Is it bad if I am considering skipping Café Du Monde on Decatur Street and instead going to the location in Metairie. The location in Metairie is right up the street from our hotel

If you just want donuts and coffee, there are many places to go. But going to Cafe' Du Monde is an experience you can tell your friends about.

While Cafe Du Monde for Beignets is the place to go, we did try Cafe Beignet on 311 Bourbon St. It has a different atmosphere than Cafe Du Monde and it makes it Beignets ust a little different. It was a toss up which one I liked better. I did like the Bourbon St location better.

Hope this helps.

I remember everyone talking about the beignets prior to our first cruise and how wonderful they were and how you MUST have one. Well, we had them and honestly, either I had too high of expectations, or something just wasn't right that day. I mean they were ok, but I can tell you that I much rather have the fair type...funnel cake.

So, knowing that they make them a little different at different places, maybe I'll get a better one this time around. :) I still won't pass it up, especially if they are located everywhere and you can get one fairly close. The walk to the Cafe Du Monde was a long one with a (then) 3 year old.

If you tell me approximately where your accommodations are, I can give you instructions on how to get to the nearest one. There are about 10 of them around NOLA. I probably know where they all are. :D Did you go to the Café du Monde on Decatur Street in the French Quarter?

If you are a landmark lady, perhaps you remember this:

1233626_10151769142883046_1919150892_n.jpg

Cafe du Monde is really close on Decatur...:

1173707_10151769144653046_1816119438_n.jpg

Yes, we went to Cafe Du Monde. It was the only one that I knew they had at the time we went before. If was only after we returned did I see someone else mention there was another. I had no clue that there were so many of them...until now.

Yep, that looks familiar! :)

You mean to tell me there is one right across the street from there? Really? We would have walked right past it then. Geesh.

We will be staying on Poydras at the Blake (beside the Drury). Which is closer?

I did check out yelp and seen one listed on there (I can't remember the name of it now) and it looked like a cute little shop in that area (not the one you put the picture up of though) and it had a little place outside to eat them (kinda like Cafe Du Monde).

Although I liked the atmosphere of Cafe Du Monde, that place was SO PACKED it was ridiculous. Like once you did get a seat, it was almost impossible to move. I had to take my daughter to the restroom in the back and all they did was yell at you while waiting in line. It was not the best experience for sure. The workers there were very rude.

There is a Cafe Du Monde in the Riverwalk Marketplace which is right next to the NOLA Port. It's closed for renovations now but maybe it'll be open by December? We are cruising on the Norwegian Jewel Dec 21.... Maybe we'll see you there! The one on Decatur St is always a madhouse. There is not a Cafe Du Monde on Bourbon St. I've been to Cafe Beignet on Bourbon St. (that's the one in Musical Legends park that has outside seating) I don't remember it being memorable. The Beignets weren't fresh.

Archived