LIVE From the ALLURE of the SEAS with Trainman & Judith

Trainman-2

Dinner in the Windjammer

WOW! Just WOW!

Carved Tenderloin of Beef

FSCN0157_zps5743f1d6.jpg

My dinner included Beef Tenderloin, Roast Duck, Mashed Potatoes with Gravy, Lobster Bisque, Red Cabbage, and an unknown vegetable dish.

DSCN0154_zps5f5ab229.jpg

Judith had a Hamburger with Mushrooms, Seafood Salad, Watermelon with Cantelope and Kiwi and her favorite Sour Dough Rolls.

DSCN0155_zpsc21db0dc.jpg

It was calm and quiet. We didn't see a single kid.

The Senior Staff was there wandering from table to table making sure everyone was happy.

As we were getting ready to leave I herd another couple comment on how attentive everyone was. We agree! It was a wonderful dinner.

On the way our we spotted this really nice carved watermelon.

FSCN0160_zps8ace3255.jpg

Tonight is the first formal night and since we are being very informal we will be heading up to the Windjammer soon for dinner.

Trainman, I just wanted you to know that I'll miss seeing you in your military dress uniform. You looked amazing on formal night, and I'll always remember those pics. Casual is good too though- enjoy the Windjammer! :)

Trainman, I just wanted you to know that I'll miss seeing you in your military dress uniform. You looked amazing on formal night, and I'll always remember those pics. Casual is good too though- enjoy the Windjammer! :)

I just happen to have that photo readily available.

Radio-04.jpg

To be clear...

We cancelled our cruises in 2014 because of the new Smoking Policy.

When we got to looking at how much money we will save next year we decided to cancel our Christmas Cruise also.

The money we save will pay for a barn and some other improvements to our new house.

So we are taking a year or so off from cruising but we will cruise again, maybe with RCI, maybe not.

Follow my "BLOGS" in the Friends of Cruise Critic Section. I post there almost every day when we are not cruising.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=846

I just happen to have that photo readily available.

Thank you for posting that great photo!!

So we are taking a year or so off from cruising but we will cruise again, maybe with RCI, maybe not.

Follow my "BLOGS" in the Friends of Cruise Critic Section. I post there almost every day when we are not cruising.

And we will continue to enjoy your ongoing 'staycations'...:D

To be clear...

We cancelled our cruises in 2014 because of the new Smoking Policy.

When we got to looking at how much money we will save next year we decided to cancel our Christmas Cruise also.

The money we save will pay for a barn and some other improvements to our new house.

We are not cruising until August 2014 for the same reason, built a new house and want too many things for it. Hope to see you on the RCI forum but if not I'll be checking out your blog. Maybe you can turn us on to a new cruise line.

Train man,

Rumor going around that the breakfast room service menu no longer includes hot food items, eggs etc., can you verify?

Thanks,

Joe

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

Hi Joe, Jim addressed that on page 10 or 11.

The RS menues they have are the same and still included hot items

###

Thoughts on Parking at the Port...

We drove from the Hotel to the Port and arrived a bit before 10 am. It was less than a 10 minute drive.

The Handicapped Cruisers tend to be among the first off of the ship so the Handicapped Spaces in RCI's parking lot open up early. We got a good spot, parked, and unloaded all of our stuff. I will shoot a photo when we get off.

We have figured out how to "nest" our suit cases behind our walkers and the walk from the car to the spot where we check in the bags is probably less than 100 feet.

So for us, even though it costs more, we can get off the ship, have a porter deliver our two bags directly to the car, load up, and be on our way in minutes.

It is quick and convenient!

Archived