first time cruiser on Oasis

erfarb

I too am cruising for first time in November on the Oasis of the Seas. looking so forward to it. Group of 7 adults. we are also staying at embassy suites night before cruise. any hints on the shift itself. Are you permitted to bring case of water on board and I believe I read 2 bottles of champagne or wine are permitted each state room. Is that correct?

:) looking so forward to this much needed vacation

countdown.pl?image=vfin&name=twoboyz99&date=11-16-2013&text=&ship=Oasis of the Seas

Hi. If you're a planner, reading reviews will come in handy too. It helped me immensely to plan for our upcoming oasis cruise in November. I also have a very detailed planning spreadsheet geared towards Oasis if you want it to help you get your onboard activities organized.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I too would love to see your spreadsheet as well. . I have read every review available and have learned so much.

Thank you for the info. I did call the hotel and their automated service asked me to call a separate number, regarding cruise transportation.which I did.

The first time I called there was no answer, the second time I called I talked to someone on a cell phone. He explained to me the charges both from the airport to hotel and then from the hotel to the port. If I can be honest, it really felt very uncomfortable. When he answered the phone all he said was hello? No hotel welcome, it sounded quite fishy???

Has anyone else called the hotel, listened to the automated message and followed the same prompts I did? Something seems wrong. Would love any feedback .

That does seem strange. We have stayed twice and it was fine. We always just used the taxi to and from. ;) Embassy is good also as others have said.

• 2 weeks later...
I too am cruising for first time in November on the Oasis of the Seas. looking so forward to it. Group of 7 adults. we are also staying at embassy suites night before cruise. any hints on the shift itself. Are you permitted to bring case of water on board and I believe I read 2 bottles of champagne or wine are permitted each state room. Is that correct?

:) looking so forward to this much needed vacation

countdown.pl?image=vfin&name=twoboyz99&date=11-16-2013&text=&ship=Oasis of the Seas

Okay hope this link helps. EVERY THING you want to know.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=28980607&postcount=5

Yes you may have 2 bottles in your carry on per room to drink in your room. If you drink it anyplace else they may/will charge a corking fee.

• Decks 12-14 aft on both sides have public decks with chairs; the area overlooks the aqua theater and rear of the ship. Take either aft stateroom corridor (start from aft elevator area) to reach (the decks are on both sides). Pretend you are in your own Aqua Theater suite.
  • Deck 6 aft (Boardwalk) has stairwells that go down on each side of the aqua theater (far rear of the deck, past the stairwells that go up to the rock climbing wall). These stairs lead down to the rear of the jogging track, which has chairs available overlooking the rear of the ship so you can watch the wake. Very quiet area, unless an aqua theater show is going on as you are behind the theater.
  • The shuffleboard courts are behind the aqua theater screens on deck 6 aft (Boardwalk).
  • Deck 14 forward has a large viewing area with spotting scopes; you can see it from the Solarium. Take the port (left) stateroom corridor (start at the forward elevator area) to reach it.
  • Want to see the front of the ship where the helipad is? Either A) Get invited to the private sail away party (not sure how this is done; may be a top tier event of some sort) or B) Take the yoga class; they hold it out there. That deck is not open to the public.
  • When in the promenade, near the center, look up for a ring in the ceiling (it will be in between two ceiling panels). During the two parades this is where the harness is attached for the acrobat. If seeing the acrobat up close interests you, sit near this hook. You will need to show up a good 25+ minutes early if you want to claim a front row spot. I don't have a picture of where it is, but others might. Just search for pictures of the acrobat performing during the parades.
  • The comedy club is small and books up faster than anything else, at least when I was on the second week of August. It was fully booked before we even got on the boat, the only item that was.
  • You only need to show up about 15-20 minutes early to get your choice of prime seats for the various shows. Front row requires 20+ minutes early.
  • If you have a little kid and think they may be interested sit in the front row corners of the ice rink on either side (seats on either side; not the rows straight ahead when you enter the ice rink). They pull kids sitting there to ride in little things (swans? can't remember) during part of one act. Think of the seating as a U; you want to sit in the lower left and right arms of the U.
  • Try Park Cafe (Central Park) at least once for breakfast and lunch. Once you do, you may make it your regular spot for both.
  • Some pools are fresh water, some are salt. One is zero entry (gentle slope rather than steep sides).
  • Want to ride the flowrider over and over with minimal wait time? Do it on a port day; I stayed on the ship one day and only had to share it with 3-4 people.

My 2 cents.

Hi JasonV1,

To answer the one about the helipad you have to have a Grand Suite or higher to get invited to the sail away party.

Wendy

We are D+ and always go in a std balcony. We got invited to the helipad sail away on the Oasis last week.

Hi The Big Booper,

Thanks That is good to know. We were on the Allure last year during Hurricane Sandy and had a Grand Suite. we will be on the Oasis in November. What port do they do the sail away party?

Wendy

Hi The Big Booper,

Thanks That is good to know. We were on the Allure last year during Hurricane Sandy and had a Grand Suite. we will be on the Oasis in November. What port do they do the sail away party?

Wendy

Labadee @ 4:30 PM, Day 3. This was the Western itin. We had a conflict with the ice skating show and went to that. Should have had the Concierge switch our ressies to another performance and gone to the helipad.:(

I can echo staying in Embassy Suites pre-cruise. If you are able to, I would stay an extra couple of days and book a day tour to the Everglades Safari - http://www.ecosafari.com/ is the one I used. It's a little expensive, but hopefully worth it.

My Live and Post review of the Allure is in my signature, if it helps you at all. I did the Western Itinerary.

Archived