Bill, general shuttle info?

dln929

Bill, I was looking for shuttle information on some of the ports we'll be seeing on the Quest and Journey. Even with using the Search function on the Azamara website, all I could come up with is "Shuttle service to and from port communities, where available." Am I overlooking something and not looking in the right place? I'm not familiar with all the ports and it would be so helpful to know if a shuttle will be available (pay or gratis, doesn't matter) and where it drops us off. Just in case we'll be renting a car, or meeting a guide, etc. Knowing the logistics ahead of time means I can judge time needed to get somewhere so much better! Thanks, Deirdre

Bill, I was looking for shuttle information on some of the ports we'll be seeing on the Quest and Journey. Even with using the Search function on the Azamara website, all I could come up with is "Shuttle service to and from port communities, where available." Am I overlooking something and not looking in the right place? I'm not familiar with all the ports and it would be so helpful to know if a shuttle will be available (pay or gratis, doesn't matter) and where it drops us off. Just in case we'll be renting a car, or meeting a guide, etc. Knowing the logistics ahead of time means I can judge time needed to get somewhere so much better! Thanks, Deirdre

Hello Deirdre -

Your point is well taken that it would be very helpful to have a list of the shuttle bus service offered on each of our voyages. I have asked our shore excursion team and itinerary planners if such information could be added somewhere on our website. I learned that doing so would not be a reliable option primarily because the shuttle buses are booked by the ship and it is the vessel's schedule that drives the shuttle decisions. It is not set in advance by our shoreside operation.

Further, this information also changes from call to call based on where the ship receives its final berth allocation which happens about 24-48 hours prior to each arrival. Consequently posting shuttle bus information can change from call to call and year to year, including drop off places in town.

Therefore, I can speak only in "general" terms. While we seek to secure the berth located nearest to the town center, we offer shuttle buses in places where the berth is located inconveniently to the nearest town. Usually we operate shuttle buses about 60-90 minutes after the ship has arrived in a port and/or after the tours have been dispatched. Our first priority is to assist the guests booked on tours and then to focus on the shuttle bus operation.

I hope that my explanation provides some perspective on how shuttle service is scheduled and why it's not available in advance for every port of call. If you have specific shuttle questions, more often than not, our Azamara call center staff can answer your questions. You or your travel agent can contact them.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Thanks Bill for your reply. You know I have to say that reading your posts is like an education unto itself. Not only for the specific answers you give in regard to specific questions, but for all background info that you share with us as to why you're giving these answers. Honestly, I had no idea all the finagling that goes on behind the scenes to make our cruises run smoothly. It looks like they're running themselves but in reality it's like the duck that's paddling overtime under the water while appearing to glide effortlessly on the water, isnt' it? ;)

Archived