Old lahaina luau drinks

mufc99

We have a rental car the day we go to the Luau.

Would it be a bit of a loss if we miss out on the drinks that are available at the event.

I know it is only a 3 hour show, so presume you couldnt drink too much anyway! :-)

Wondering if it is worth spending 160 bucks on taxis both ways or just stay sober and drink whatever else is available. :-(

Only the driver needs to stay sober;)

You can drink enough at the luau to feel the effects of it, but perhaps the DD could have one early, and then have virgin drinks after that.

If a taxi is a consideration, maybe you can find another couple on your roll call who are going the the OLL and will share the taxi with you.

Well, we were going to spend half a day around Lahaina, so maybe do that first, a couple of real drinks at OLL then onto the safe stuff and drive ourselves back to the ship :-(

We are doing the Volcano sunrise following morning, so probably the wisest thing to do :-)

We are doing the Volcano sunrise following morning, so probably the wisest thing to do :-)

I've gone to a couple of Haleakala sunrises & would recommend arriving at least 30 minutes before official sunrise. To me the most spectacular view is when the 1st golden rays appear on the dark horizon.

I can't find it now but a recent Maui News article said that a Haleakala parking lot was closed for maintenance. Whenever you're going it may be a good idea to call them about any problems. I wouldn't want to drive there in the middle of the night & see the sunrise from my car looking for a parking spot. ;)

Temperatures at the summit can be 30° colder than at sea level so plan accordingly. Add the windchill & most days it'll feel like it's in the 30s & 40s...burr!

Archived