Princess Insurance

bushwhacker

We are driving to the port also and after much consideration I am going with Travelex Travelite. I want a primary insurer and Travelex Travelite provides this on their policy. Princess Gold is a secondary insurer. Once I had used Access America which was not a primary insurer and had to file a claim for onboard medical care and it took me too much effort to get it paid. Not worth the time and trouble. Last time I used TravelGuard which is also a primary, but I can save $100 with Travelex Travelite and the only difference is the emergency evacuation amount. If we were going to Europe I might consider TraveGuard but since we live in Las Vegas and it's only a Mexican cruise I will go with Travelex Travelite.

Regards,

Carole

I use Princess gold for one reason, credit if I cancel for any reason (if it is for a medical or listed reason you get a full refund) (if you decide not to go etc) I usually do no buy it until I make my final payment. (I do not have any pre-exisiting medical problems)

I have used travelguard in the past. I traveled to Costa rica using travel guard. I had my camera stolen. They were very good about paying my claim (promt etc)

I go with Princess Travel Care because as one poster said, they offer a cancel for any reason plan. We are fairly young, relatively healthy but our schedules are such that we may have to cancel for reasons other than what most insurance plans provide for.

Being young and healthy are wonderful things. We sailed for ten years without the need for travel insurance. No problems.

As we got a little older and wiser, we realized that travel insurance does not only cover our immediate needs but also covers us should anything happen to our parents, kids or extended families.

For our first ten years of cruising we were taking your typical 7-day cruises. The potential cost of a lost cruise due to an unexpected cancellation was somewhat small. Now our normal cruise is 15-days or more and these cruises tend to be a lot further from home, so it is now our comfort zone to insure our trips with Travel Guard insurance. A small price ($250) for the peace of mind that should we have to cancel for any reason we are not standing alone. Not to mention the medical evacuation coverage should either of us fall off of a mountain in the Far East!

This past January I had to cancel my Panama Canal cruise due to some unforseen job needs. I had Princess travel insurance, which had been automatically upgraded to the Gold insurance due to my platinum traveler status.

I found Princess to be incredibly helpful and cooperative with my situation. I was happy with the refund and credit given me and thought they were more than fair. I can only say good things about using the Princess travel insurance when I needed it.

Archived