Which are best nights to book Chops or Portofinos?

We will be going on the Radiance for a 14 night trip to Hawaii 9/23/06. Does anyone know which nights will be casual and/or have menus that are not so great on a 14-night cruise? I was wondering which nights I should schedule Chops and Portofinos. Or do you know a way to find out from RCCL? Thanks for your help!!

(This is beachchick)

Is this a circle cruise (from San Diego or LA and ending up at the same port)? If so, I don't think anyone can give you this information yet because this is a new itinerary. No one knows which nights will have which menus or type of dress.

If it's a fall respositioning cruise (Vancouver to San Diego by way of Hawaii) rather than a circle cruise, then you might get some responses from those who have taken the repo cruise in the past. (I've just never heard of the Radiance fall repo being 14 nights--that would be fabulous.)

beachchick

We went to Chops after boarding and asked what nights were what themes. Venetian, Italian, etc. etc. We also asked which nights were formal.

We decided to skip the Italian night, which was smart casual, and reserved Chops for that evening.

The food and service were outstanding!

I agree with the other poster who recommends asking onboard. We usually ask the staff in Chops and Portofino what each night's themes are in the main dining room and make our reservations accordingly. We usually try to book Portofino on Italian night so we don't miss anything in the main dining room and get a better italian meal in Portofino's. The night they serve Turkey in the dining room is the one we chose to eat in Chops. The staff in each restaurant will have the weeks dining schedule so it's very easy to make a decision on the spot.

Archived