MDR Menu Delivered to Room for Dinner??

cruising maniac

We haven't cruised Carnival in almost 10 years but have scheduled a Thanksgiving cruise in a Cove Balcony on the Dream and we will be platinum. In the past, on different cruise lines DH and I have ordered off of the MDR menu to be delivered to our stateroom for dinner on the balcony. We always order much less because the poor stateroom attendant has to deliver the heavy tray. :eek: But, we really enjoy dinner much more than breakfast on the balcony. Does anybody know if Carnival allows this on the Dream? Thanks for the info.

We haven't cruised Carnival in almost 10 years but have scheduled a Thanksgiving cruise in a Cove Balcony on the Dream and we will be platinum. In the past, on different cruise lines DH and I have ordered off of the MDR menu to be delivered to our stateroom for dinner on the balcony. We always order much less because the poor stateroom attendant has to deliver the heavy tray. :eek: But, we really enjoy dinner much more than breakfast on the balcony. Does anybody know if Carnival allows this on the Dream? Thanks for the info.

Carnival does not do this. The room service menu consists of mostly sandwiches. There is also a paper door hanger in your cabin that you can fill out the night before to have continental type breakfast delivered in the morning.

Sorry not done on Carnival just can order off regular room service menu.

Delivered by room service people not stateroom attendant.

I cannot see the thrill of eating my DR meal on the balcony. I would think it would be instantly cold. We have enough people complaining their meal is not piping hot just getting from the kitchen to the table inside.

I would agree with you but some people just want to be alone for dinner.

On Carnival, MDR food is only available in the MDR. I know some have taken food from MDR back to room in a covered plates, but I have never seen anyone do a three course take out.

NCL will allow you to order off the MDR or any of the specialty restaurants for in-room dining, but only if you live in a suite, and you arrange it through your cabin butler.

On Breeze (April) on at least 4/7 nights we witnessed an elderly gentlemen tip the maitre'd, and wait staff and he ordered for his wife and they delivered to his cabin whatever he ordered from MDR menu. Needless to say he got superb service in the MDR also.

I was quite surprised as this isn't Carnival policy, but......seems it is possible if one REALLY wants it.

May be another 10 years before Carnival tries this. Last I read, they were toying with charging for pizza. That's not too heavy to deliver, but in any case, it's never the stateroom attendants that deliver anyway.

Last time we sailed Princess they had stateroom dining. I believe the charge was $75.

That would be for UBD (Ultimate Balcony Dining). We enjoyed that one evening on the Caribbean Princess last year. It was really quite enjoyable!

IMG_1197-M.jpg

IMG_1205-M.jpg

IMG_1206-M.jpg

IMG_1212-M.jpg

Aside from that, we could order any MDR meal for our cabin - not sure if being in a suite was the reason for that or not. We did take them up on that one evening.. and a few breakfasts! Carnival's breakfast room service options are pathetic IMO.

Tom

We have done this many times on Celebrity and Holland America. It is a really nice, quiet, romantic evening. The food is always hot. All you do is ask your stateroom attendant for a DR menu. He'll drop it off and come back for your order and bring the food later. I have been on more than 20 cruises and we go to relax and be alone. This is just a really nice way to be able to do just that!!! But sometimes we don't know what to do with all of those dishes!!!

I like the idea of balcony dinner... but the vast majority of balconies would be too small and no table... unless a suite or something

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

I fully agree. I could not picture enjoying the meal we had on a standard balcony .

Tom

Archived