Booking the steakhouse

Cigar Dude

You can do it online. Just log into the Carnival site, then go into your booking. There, under the "to do list" there's an option for "Plan activities". The Steakhouse shows up under "Activities and Excursions", click on that and you'll be taken to an online form you can fill out.

Or maybe this link will work: https://secure.carnival.com/Activities/Controls/SteakhouseRequest?icid=CC_Hyperlink_7

Not sure if you have to be paid in full to book it or not.

I booked it using the form online on their website. I booked it in 2012 for our 2013 cruise by selecting the day and since the calendar was actually past the actual day I selected they figured it out and sent me a confirmation email for the exact day and time I wanted.

How long did it take to get confirmation? I booked Saturday for 10/26 and no response as yet. I'm sure they're closed on weekends.

I got my email confirmation within a couple of days. The request goes directly to the steakhouse onboard that particular ship, so they probably send a confirmation when they have the time to go through the requests.

How long did it take to get confirmation? I booked Saturday for 10/26 and no response as yet. I'm sure they're closed on weekends.

I submitted the form on July 20th, 2012 online and got the confirmation email on July 24th, 2012 for a Feb. 4th 2013 booking.

I just booked it online...or at least I think I did! As soon as I hit the submit button my date and time disappeared! A few seconds later it said the "email" went through. So far, no confirmation. I'll wait a couple days and see if I get one. Did anyone else experience this same "date disappearing" when they submitted their date request?

I just booked it online...or at least I think I did! As soon as I hit the submit button my date and time disappeared! A few seconds later it said the "email" went through. So far, no confirmation. I'll wait a couple days and see if I get one. Did anyone else experience this same "date disappearing" when they submitted their date request?

Yes the same thing happened to me but the form when I booked it didn't even have 2013 as an option so I thought that was the reason why it did it for me. If they don't respond it about a week I would try it again or give them a call.

When I put it in I got a message on the screen saying the request was sent. I never got a confirmation back either. I will confirm first thing when I get on board. Not the end of the world if we have to eat in the MDR on elegant night for DW's birthday and go to the steakhouse another night.

I got my email confirmation within a couple of days. The request goes directly to the steakhouse onboard that particular ship, so they probably send a confirmation when they have the time to go through the requests.

I submitted the form on July 20th, 2012 online and got the confirmation email on July 24th, 2012 for a Feb. 4th 2013 booking.

Thanks. Patience is a virtue!

Wow. I just booked the steakhouse on the Pride last Friday and went to check my email - I sent it at 12:27pm and got my confirmation email back at 12:54 pm the same day!

Thank you for choosing David’s Steakhouse for your dining.

Your reservation request for 2 Guests on September 17, 2013 is confirmed at 7.00 PM.

We look forward to serving you!

Your Steakhouse Manager,

Tanja Vrhovac

Response time has varied for me, but usually got a response within 24 hours. I have emailed back/forth changing the date/time/reservation name and have always gotten a response - both via the online form and emailing directly. Hope it's as good as everyone says! :)

It depends on where in the world your ship is and how the internet service is. But that being said I booked on the Legend before my cruise was paid I'm full and it took about 4 days to get a response. Someone else I know it took 3 tries to get the Legend steakhouse booked.

I don't understand why the reservations aren't done in Miami instead of on the ship itself, to me you would have a faster turn around on the response.

The same thing happened to me when I filled in the form to make a reservation on the Breeze. I wasn't sure if my reservation went through, but in a few days I got the confirmation from the steakhouse manager.

Like the other posters have said, sometimes it takes a while. Several weeks ago, I went thru the Carnival website - manage activiites for my booking and I didn't hear anything. So, I resent (same deal - booking disappears and it tells you an email was sent) and this time I received a response from the steakhouse manager confirming my reservation. I sent her a message back asking for a specific table and heard something back very quickly. So, I am thinking sending a request directly to the steakhouse manager rather than using the Carnival website is best. For the Legend it was LESUPPER@carnival.com.

Archived