Great GTY allocation...can they take it back?

3littlepigs

We are still nearly 3 months out and have just discovered our JS GTY has been allocated...a very nice GS. We are so excited as we expected to end up with a partially obstructed JS!

The sailing is heavily booked and although it hasn't it final payment date yet I wouldn't expect there will be many cancellations as most of the bookings will be from locals here who can't cancel without penalty. There a quite a few GS/RS and the OS cabins empty (no JS)

Is there any chance RCCL would take our GS away and put us back in a JS now that our cabin has been allocated or can we look forward to the Concierge Lounge and all the Suite Perks?

Whilst we have sailed pretty much all the other major lines this is our first RCCL so we aren't sure how things work.

While they could potentially do that to you as you are only guaranteed a JS, that would be very poor business etiquette, especially concerning a suite guest.

They have mostly likely looked at the sailing and decided it made business sense now to give you the GS. They can then more easily sell the possible empty JS closer in, rather than upgrading someone at the last minute. Go ahead and make final payment and complete your documents early and you have very little risk of this happening.

It also acts to 'lock you in' prior to final payment and the risk of you cancelling and moving to a competitor that has a great offer that is greatly reduced.

I was also only upgraded on my second cruise with RCI and have not been upgraded since.

Congratulations on the great GS and enjoy your cruise.

Archived