People gripe about CCL's customer service, but I think they're great..

terigo

The measure of a good company isn't that nothing ever goes wrong, but how they handle it when it does.

We bought FTTF. Embarkation started exceptionally late (they kept apologizing for this) but we did get on ahead of the regular cruisers.

However, our luggage did not get to the cabin until 3PM, about the same time as all the other cabins around us who did not purchase FTTF. A lttle before that we had gone down to the service desk to question why the luggage was so late, and no questions asked, they apologized for that, told us to let them know when we finally got the luggage, and refunded the cost of the FTTF to our account.

The $50.00 probably didn't mean a whole lot to Carnival, but the gesture meant a whole lot to us. Good business.

I agree....(unless of course things keep happening, etc. then something needs to be fixed overall with their system).

I had an issue today I had to deal with- our excursion I booked two months ago was completely missing from my cruise info. Anyways, long story short, even though I received an emailed receipt from Carnival showing my excursion being booked, no trace of any transaction could be found on their website.

And they tried and tried and tried to find it... Anyways, so they re-booked it for me today over the phone. The gentleman was very helpful and apologized for the hassle. That makes a HUGE difference. :)

The few issues that I've had with Carnival which required contacting Customer Service have been handled promptly and to my satisfaction.

I think that a big part of Carnival's willingness to make things right depends on how the guest presents their issue. Being polite, objective, and level headed seems to work wonders. Based on what I read on this forum, it seems like the more irate, demanding, and irrational people get, the worse the Customer Service experience.

The vast majority of my experiences with Carnival customer service has been great, although there have been some exceptions. No complaints here, all problems were quickly rectified and like you said it's how they handle the situation.

I agree....(unless of course things keep happening, etc. then something needs to be fixed overall with their system).

I had an issue today I had to deal with- our excursion I booked two months ago was completely missing from my cruise info. Anyways, long story short, even though I received an emailed receipt from Carnival showing my excursion being booked, no trace of any transaction could be found on their website.

And they tried and tried and tried to find it... Anyways, so they re-booked it for me today over the phone. The gentleman was very helpful and apologized for the hassle. That makes a HUGE difference. :)

I was wondering if you ever got it fixed! I'm glad you and the kids are going to get to go and I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time!! I'm so happy for you!

Archived