Which Suite on the Star?

pensi9

Currently booked on Star for Panama Canal and have an SG with balcony. Today the price for the SF AFT suite is the same. Can someone tell me if they have had noise from ship on deck 9? My DH is concerned about ship noise since we had an aft suite on Epic and the vibrations were terrible. Also is the balcony completely covered on the aft? I'm still trying to decide whether to switch or not.

Currently booked on Star for Panama Canal and have an SG with balcony. Today the price for the SF AFT suite is the same. Can someone tell me if they have had noise from ship on deck 9? My DH is concerned about ship noise since we had an aft suite on Epic and the vibrations were terrible. Also is the balcony completely covered on the aft? I'm still trying to decide whether to switch or not.

These are theoretical answers but on Star the Spinnaker Lounge on deck 7 could generate noise that can be heard two storys above, it is definitely a problem on aft cabins on deck 8. But then again, if you are not usually going to sleep before the lounge closes, you'll be more than fine.

Another thing is that Epic has traditional propellers and rudders that cause more vibrations especially during tight manouvering the ship in ports. The Azipods on Dawn and Jewel class are bit easier with this, of course the shallowness of water affects those ships too as the moving water has no place to go so it bounces back to the bottom of the ship causing the tremble (then there is cavitation involved too). Without knowing when the Epic's vibrations concerned your DH, it's hard to tell whether it'll be a problem - there are always vibrations on both fwd and aft of all ships when coming to or leaving the dock.

Vibrations from the engines were not noticeable to us on the Star in 2012. We had an aft penthouse on deck 10 so noise from lounges was not an issue. The balcony is partially covered (about 1/2 way). The suite was fantastic and the balcony was huge. Note: Deck 10 aft balconies are the largest.

I would keep the SG. The cabin and bathroom is twice the size of the SF. and the view from those floor to ceiling windows is amazing. I have stayed in both cabins and would definitely book the SG. The small wrap around part of the balcony is only large enough to stand on. No chairs there

I would do the same ,, Fast ;)

I had an aft wraparound on Star and it was great. The only drawback was all the walking we had to do.

The new SG suites on deck 12 are really nice and big. They are located in a great location. I think if I went on that ship again I would try one of those.

I had an aft wraparound on Star and it was great. The only drawback was all the walking we had to do.

The new SG suites on deck 12 are really nice and big. They are located in a great location. I think if I went on that ship again I would try one of those.

I couldn't do it . The little balcony on the side of the ship versus the big balcony

on the stern ?? Panama Canal .. no way .. AFT all day .

BUT , thank the good Lord everyone does not feel the same way or I would be in big trouble , wouldn't I :D

I couldn't do it . The little balcony on the side of the ship versus the big balcony

on the stern ?? Panama Canal .. no way .. AFT all day .

BUT , thank the good Lord everyone does not feel the same way or I would be in big trouble , wouldn't I :D

Oh the AFT is great, I have a AFT Penthouse Suite booked on the Breakaway, upgraded from the Front Facing Penthouse for exactly that reason, small balcony.

Archived