Special Needs at Sea

kchiumento

Hi we are taking a cruise with 3 kids and my 2 80+ yr old parents. Because my dad has a harder time walking, we booked a scooter from Special Needs at Sea. Has anyone used this service? What did you think of it? Do they really bring the scooter directly to his stateroom? I think this is a no-brainer for my dad and I think will be key in getting him out of the room. But it took some convincing of my very old-school and cantankerous dad.

HI.... We have never used this service, but if he has trouble walking, this will be great for him, and he will see several others using them as well. Hope you have a handicaped cabin so he can bring it into the cabin at night, and when he isn't using it...

good luck....jus' me...jim....:cool:

Have no fear the scooter will be there when you arrive. The doorway to your room will be a tight fit unless you have a handicapped room. The steward will take the scooter at night and charge it for you sometimes depends on the steward and the tip. If you stay on the ship it doesn't really have to be charged every night.

Keep an eye on your Dad those scooters can go really fast. Have fun and enjoy your vacation

Hi we are taking a cruise with 3 kids and my 2 80+ yr old parents. Because my dad has a harder time walking, we booked a scooter from Special Needs at Sea. Has anyone used this service? What did you think of it? Do they really bring the scooter directly to his stateroom? I think this is a no-brainer for my dad and I think will be key in getting him out of the room. But it took some convincing of my very old-school and cantankerous dad.

Used them last year for wife. It was the smartest thing we ever did. We do laugh a bit. She hit everything on the ship but the Capt.

Archived