How often should I check fare?

~Jo~

We booked early saver. We have made the final payment already for a cruise on Nov 9th. How often should I check website to see if there's been any price reduction. Does Carnival change the fare more often on certain days? At certain times?

Thanks,

~Jo

We sail November 2nd....and am checking every day. We sailed the Glory in June and prices dropped after final payment...pretty sure all categories are still open on our cruise so hoping for some payment drops...but then again they are almost giving the cruise away now:eek:

I usually check 2-3( I'm a little OCD) usually as soon as I get to work, before I leave and sometime before bed at home. On our next cruise we have a aft inside room on the Rivera deck which is sold out. My SIL has an Aft OV on the same deck and their is still a few of them. Hoping to get a little more $.

Good luck

Check as often as you can for price drops. It would be a good idea to clear all tracking cookies from your PC before checking.

Thanks, that's good advice never thought about that.

I check several times a day from my computers and my cell or whenever the thought hits.

Inquisitive minds would like to know why this is a good idea.;)

I'm probably not gonna say this in the most technical way, but some cookies hold a memory of websites you visited before. Kind of like when you fill out an online form and go back to that website and your info is still in there. It's convenient but not very safe.

Clearing cookies is like clearing your computer's memory of the sites you've visited so it doesn't automatically bring back an old webpage/information. I'm sure the OP will say this better than me lol but I know at work we're advised to clear cookies on a daily basis.

Clearing cookies is like clearing your computer's memory of the sites you've visited so it doesn't automatically bring back an old webpage/information.

Great explanation. And yes, clearing cookies is a good idea, in general. However, the way the booking engine at Carnival's site operates, the fares are pulled real-time and never cached. The same is true for any reputable travel website. No need to clear cookies when checking fares.

As for OP's question, my own observation is that price changes happen most often on Friday nights up to the last month.

If you don't want to go OCD (and it's easy to do so), I recommend checking 2-3 a week (especially late Friday night or early Saturday morning) until you're a month out... then daily up to two weeks before sail date. In those two weeks, things can change rapidly, so 2-3 a day at that point until your sail date.

I had something odd happen. I checked on monday morning and my fare dropped a little. I took screen shots of the page, and even did a "fake" booking to double check. I could not call Carnival until i got home that afternoon, and the price went up! Carnival rep could not even see where rate had dropped that morning. I filled out price protection form anyway, and hsve not heard back yet. We will see.

I wonder if you have to call or fill out form as soon as you see price drop?

I check it every day. They change multiple times for midship versus aft versus upper deck versus empress deck. Just do a fake booking. I fill out the form immediately upon seeing the price drop. It only takes about 45 seconds to send it in. I sent in a request on Sunday morning and they were a little slower this week. Just got the email yesterday afternoon honoring the price reduction. It was only for $16 but I don't care. Every little bit helps. We started with a price of $1100 for 12/8 Glory and we now have it reduced to $838!

I'm very OCD and check every 2 minutes, at least it feels like, LOL. I sit in front of a computer all day and it takes 2 seconds for me to do it.

Right now, I'm just outside of final payment for a November cruise and I think I might change it to a 7 day vs. my 5 day... I'm stalking the 7 day price because I really want a balcony but don't want to spend an enormous amount of moolah for it. I'm hoping that I can bump up after final payment... what's my chances of balcony dropping?

I check it every day. They change multiple times for midship versus aft versus upper deck versus empress deck. Just do a fake booking. I fill out the form immediately upon seeing the price drop. It only takes about 45 seconds to send it in. I sent in a request on Sunday morning and they were a little slower this week. Just got the email yesterday afternoon honoring the price reduction. It was only for $16 but I don't care. Every little bit helps. We started with a price of $1100 for 12/8 Glory and we now have it reduced to $838!

Question - I have heard people talk about these forms they fill out to get the lower price - is that just if you have a TA or PVP? I have always just booked on Carnivals website and then called them to adjust the price if it goes down. If I can submit this form, how do I do it? TIA

Question - I have heard people talk about these forms they fill out to get the lower price - is that just if you have a TA or PVP? I have always just booked on Carnivals website and then called them to adjust the price if it goes down. If I can submit this form, how do I do it? TIA

Anytime I saw a price decrease I called Carnival directly, and within a few minutes I had the new price. Saved $330.00 and now my cruise is sold out.

If i booked with past guest rate, can i still get price drop?

Any rate is eligible for price drops if you find them. Early saver is eligible the longest. Up to 2 days before the sailing date. Everything else is eligible up to the final payment date.

Check often. Several times a day. That's my advice.

I check a couple of times a day. For our June cruise, we originally booked an OV on deck 2 and by the time we went on our trip, we were in a balcony on the Lido deck for $300 less!

During the big sales after the cruise mishaps in the spring, the rates seemed to be dropping by the hour. One Friday, the rate dropped twice. Once at 8 pm and once around 11 pm. Oh, and it dropped a lot - $200.

We booked early saver. We have made the final payment already for a cruise on Nov 9th. How often should I check website to see if there's been any price reduction. Does Carnival change the fare more often on certain days? At certain times?

Thanks,

~Jo

Archived