West Palm Beach to Port C travel ideas

jmrcruiser

I just booked the Oct 13 Freedom sailing out of Port C and since I waited so long I got better airfare into West Palm Beach. We are flying in on Sat. Oct 12 and renting a car. I have not yet booked my hotel for the night and plan to use either Holiday Inn (HIG) points or Hilton points (i.e. Hampton Inn, etc). Any suggestions for whether we should head immediately up to Port C and stay there (our flight arrives about 2pm Sat) or stay somewhere along the way for a new place to explore and then Sunday morning drive up to Port C?

Thanks in advance, just love the help of CC folks!

Greetings

From PBI up to the port it is 2 1/2 hours or even a few minutes more. If you go all the way to the port, there won't be too much daylight left for anything. The choices in between are staying in West Palm, Vero Beach, Melbourne, or Cocoa Beach. Of these, West Palm is the place with the most amenities for tourists.

Good Sailing

Tom

If you don't want to drive too far after you land, Palm Beach Gardens and Jupiter are both within half an hour north of the airport and have nice hotels. Gardens is a bigger city with a nice Marriott and Embassy Suites (a Hilton brand) that are both close to I-95. There is a big mall and every restaurant you could want all within 10 minutes of the main highway. That would leave you about 2-2 1/2 hours from the port. We like the Embassy and have stayed there a couple of times for short weekend getaways close to home. Lots of options between here and Canaveral.

Archived