Poker room on liberty

gwb2004

Though I have never been on the Liberty, I have been on a dozen or so Royal Caribbean cruises, including the Freedom, and I can say there are no poker rooms on the ships. In fact, in the last 8 or so years the only poker is on a poker machine. The only ones I have seen are the Poker Pro machines.

They are OK to play on, not great. Normally the only game going is 1-2 no limit Texas Hold'em. Though I am sure the game could be changed if the majority of the players at the table wanted to play something different. The rake is 10% up to $10. The machines are many times better than a 21 dealer dealing a game he has no idea how to deal.

To play you will get a Poker Pro card, usually from one of the floor people, and you deposit money on the card. You will have a password. You put the card into the machine and you start playing. It takes about 5-10 minutes to learn how to use the machine well, it's very basic.

The biggest issue is finding players. Generally a game gets going late in the evening, and sometimes in the afternoon on sea days. We have been on cruises where we could never get a game going and others where we had people waiting to get on the table.

If you have any other questions about poker on a cruise I would be happy to tell you what I know.

Archived