Pride 09/01 Review...Detailed w/Pics

teetee6263

Tonight is the 2nd elegant night & we have cream of fresh broccoli soup, grilled chicken, gourmet bacon cheeseburger, gourmet cheeseburger, baked Alaska & cheesecake with strawberry sauce. I wanted to play Motown name that song, but got there late so we just watched & sang along. Tonight’s production show was Vroom, which I actually enjoyed & stayed up for. I really wanted to go to the 11:45 adult only comedy show, but once I took Tiana back to the room my bed was calling my name & I answered.

ry%3D400

Broccoli soup...better than mmm mmm good

ry%3D400

Gourmet Bacon cheeseburger

ry%3D400

Baked Alaska without fruit on top

ry%3D400

With Harry after the Motown name that song

Late night/early morning wake up…don’t know what woke me but its 3am, my throat hurts & I can’t go back to sleep. I head up to Lido in search of hot tea with lemon, the 1st beverage station I go to had no hot water ***!! So one of the workers told me to go to the other side. I walk to the other side & what do I hear…Ooh here comes your mother!!! Well, well, well its Toast & her new cruise buddies. Once they close down the night club they head to lido for pizza….ah, to be young again. She makes me a cup of tea (must be drunk..lol) but we can ‘t find any lemons. Back to bed I go.

And a great review so far. What type of camera are you using? I am soon sailing on the Pride for the fourth time, but on the other itinerary. This will be my platinum cruise so I can't wait.

Thanks...most pics are with Nikon Coolpix S9500, a few are with my iPhone (the smaller ones) & Fuji FinePix XP10 (water shots).

I was also on this sailing. In Freeport I didn't like walking on the side of the police station either. When I left the beach me and my sister walked up to the hotel that was near the beach and went through there .

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

I have no idea what time Toast came in, but she said she wasn’t going to breakfast so me & Tiana went to the MDR. This time I got the raisin bran French toast (which I enjoyed) & another great omelet, Tiana had the fat stack of pancakes & said it was good, but wished they had strawberry instead of blueberry. After breakfast we went to the towel folding demonstration, it was held on the Lido. It was so windy our dresses were flying, Tiana gave up & my poor animal didn’t stand a chance. She couldn’t take any longer & went back to the room to put shorts on under her dress, while I stayed & played half price Bingo…notice I said played & not won. Stayed out a little longer to watch the washer toss competition. We went to the room a little before 11:30 to check on my party animal & she was just getting up. Told her we were heading to Raphael’s for The Match Game, I didn’t do too bad. I stuck around for Sci-fi TV & movie trivia, it was horrible Toast showed up, looked at my card & asked why was I even playing, so I left...think I might have answered 4 & he was up to # 23. I was so busy trying to win that darn SOAS, that I forgot about the Chocolate Extravaganza!!! We go get our chocolate goodies & watch Toast play Trash to Treasure, they give you something worthless like mardi gras beads & you have to find someone willing to trade you for something of more value…but the kicker is you don’t get it back. Her team was having a hard time (naturally, who wants to give up their things) so I gave up my watch. She looked at me like I was crazy & reminded me I wasn’t getting it back; she thought it was expensive but it was actually a $10 watch from the Imagination in April that was stayed 10 mins slow. Next up was Last Man Standing, where you were given different things to do & 1 person was eliminated each round. I wanted to enter, but by the time I decided there was only 1 spot left & someone had just beat me to it. Its now 3pm & I MUST take Tiana to tea time or she will never forgive me. It was a nice & relaxing break, I really enjoyed the cucumber sandwiches & pastries. We both thought is was funny that as we were going to be seating the waiter asked how many, 4? We said no 2, turned around & there was 2 other black ladies behind us…guess he thought we were together…LOL. We did end up sitting with them & they were a nice mother daughter team too. Later we go to Up close & personal: a ship Q & A, it was very interesting. I loved when someone asked about the crews days off & Kirk said he didn’t understand what time off was…there is no way I could work the way they do!!!

ry%3D400

Fat stack pancakes

ry%3D400

Attempting to make a towel animal

ry%3D400

The poor little guy's head blew off in the wind

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Dinner tonight is always the worst, its that moment when you realize vacation is over in less than 24 hrs & tomorrow you will be cooking your own dinner. We have another one of my favorites….New England crab cake (ordered 2), Bacon Mac n’ Cheese, Grand Mariner soufflé & apple pie with ice cream. Luckily I remembered someone from our FB page recommended a drink that's only served in the MDR with dinner, The Fresh Italian. It was very good & is my new with dinner drink, no more water for me!! After dinner I went to buy my photos & of course the Voyage DVD, since we were all over it. We were suppose to try to play Family Face Off, but I guess it took longer than excepted so Toast left us. When we got to Taj Mahal who do we see on stage….you guessed it Toast, she said it was like family feud & the staff picked the family. We go back to the room to pack the last of our things & dreadfully place our bags outside the door. We went to our last show… Carnival Legends, Hairy Man was Frank Sinatra & did a great job. Sidebar: Sam tried to get us to audition & we both declined, I know my limits but after seeing the show Toast said next cruise she's in there…more power to her!! Sadly its time for us to get our last nights sleep on a fun ship. My parting words to Toast….”Don’t stay out all night, you know we gotta be up & out of the room by 8” !!!

ry%3D400

Crab cake

ry%3D400

Bacon Mac 'n cheese

ry%3D400

Fresh Italian

ry%3D400

Our last towel animal...well heart

ry%3D400

Sad Sad sight

Can you believe Tiana packed a weeks wardrobe in that little suitcase in the middle? She must be adopted :rolleyes:!!!

I am really enjoying your review and your pictures. That black and white dress is smashing ! I'll take some time later this week to read your other reviews, too.

Agreed, the dresses gorgeous!

Thanks, my daughter calls it my hypnotizing dress.

I got up at 6:30 & guess who hasn’t slept in their bed….good thing she’s the resident cruise superstar, cause she’s about to get left!!! Its 7 & the party animal comes in asking what time is it? Its time to GO!!! Tiana & I go watch us sail in, leaving her to get ready. When get back to the room at 8 to clear out & find her knocked out on the bed. We head up to Lido for our last meal & wait to disembark. We were zone 1 but since our bus wasn’t until 12:15 we didn’t rush getting off. It was about 10:30 when we decided to make our way off & by 10:45 we heard our last ding.

Next thing you know, were in a taxi & starting our journey back home. Funny, this time last week we were super excited & ready to go...today not so much & its definitely lacking excitement.

ry%3D400

LIRR heading back home after a great week

Pride - What can I say other than I loved this ship, it reminded me of my 1st Carnival cruise on the Miracle. She does show some signs of wear & tear, but that should be expected with 1000’s of people on her daily. The crew was always very friendly & polite. Didn’t see much of the CD Kirk, but when I did he too was friendly. The entertainment staff Samantha, Harry, Nathan & Jess were great, loved them!! Unfortunately for my pocketbook even the photographers were great. (spent a small fortune) Actually one of them was my favorite photographer from the Miracle.

Food - Was a hit or miss, some meals better than others & by no means did I ever go hungry… Breakfast was much better in the MDR… I really enjoyed the new pizza… Room service was quick.

Port Canaveral - Nice, but my least favorite port of the cruise

Nassau - Comfort Suites was definitely the way to go for us to see Atlantis, the rate was amazing $211 for the 3 of us. Its just a short 5 minute walk from CS to Atlantis. I saved a lot of money by forgetting that Atlantis uses a CASHLESS system. With all my research I should have know that, but when it was finally time to go I guess I was so excited & got it backwards, thought it was Cash only… Fat Tuesday was meh, maybe because it still new.

Freeport - Don’t know why so many people say to stay on the ship. I Loved it, just wasn’t there long enough.

Amtrak from NYC to Baltimore - nice relaxing train ride

Bolt Bus from Baltimore to NYC - Sucks, will never do again!!!!

Final thought….we had a great cruise & can’t to do it again!!!

ry%3D400

Looking up the atrium to the glass stairs

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I just love the color effect on my camera

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

What a great review, thank you for taking us with you on your cruise. This is one of those reviews that will be reread and will resurface from time to time just because you made it so much fun for all of us.

Hope our cruising paths will cross, hint, hint, Nov. 30, 2014 on the Pride. Yes, I know, school. I fully undrstand if you can't. Ah, transfer them to Carnival Academy. LOL

Have a great time planning your next cruise.

Edited by Delta Dear

Definitely looks/sounds like you got your moneys worth. :)

Now, have you booked the next one?

Yes, I can definitely say I got my moneys worth, we had a great time. Well I have one booked for Jan with my mother & in the planning process for one with the girls in Aug. Of course they are complaining...."Aug is soooo far away"

What a great review, thank you for taking us with you on your cruise. This is one of those reviews that will be reread and will resurface from time to time just because you made it so much fun for all of us.

Hope our cruising paths will cross, hint, hint, Nov. 30, 2014 on the Pride. Yes, I know, school. I fully undrstand if you can't. Ah, transfer them to Carnival Academy. LOL

Have a great time planning your next cruise.

Thanks again for your kind words. That would really be nice, but I'm already trying to plan 4 for next year :eek: & hoping I can pull it off.

Hmmm...Carnival Academy, I like the sound of that, wonder if I can get a job there ;)

Thanks for the awesome review! We leave on pride for, our first cruise ever, in 3 weeks! I'm even more excited after finishing your review!

Question for you... It seems like you had what, one or two drinks per day... How much did you spend on alcohol? We have the bubbles program and will probably, like you, have one or two alcoholic drinks daily. I'd like to be prepared money-wise! Thanks!!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app