Shareholder OBc

FLACRUISER99

Looking at your cruise list, with over 15 RCL cruises, hopefully you are Diamond in Crown and Anchor.

Unfortunately, you can't stack that OBC with any C&A discounts.

Loyal to the brand, enough to invest in the company, and you loose a benefit.

Great brand promotion.

Looking at your cruise list, with over 15 RCL cruises, hopefully you are Diamond in Crown and Anchor.

Great brand promotion.

The OP may not have a balcony discount or savings certificate or next cruise OBC on this short last minute cruise. If so, the stockholder benefit may be the OP's best bet.

Great brand promotion.

The OP may not have a balcony discount or savings certificate or next cruise OBC on this short last minute cruise. If so, the stockholder benefit may be the OP's best bet.
You are correct, I do have a next cruise but not using it for this cruise.

You are correct, I do have a next cruise but not using it for this cruise.

the credit is small for such a short cruise and the reduced deposit doesn't help at last minute, so it make sense to keep the next cruise for another use.

let us know how soon you get your shareholder credit.

I expect to use mine on Celebrity in December.

Just a technical question here.

How long do you have to actually own the stock. For example if I am cruising in March and own stock now and get approval for the OBC, do I have to show proof of ownership at the time of sailing or even until after we dock, or can I sell it at any time after RCCL approval?

Just a technical question here.

How long do you have to actually own the stock. For example if I am cruising in March and own stock now and get approval for the OBC, do I have to show proof of ownership at the time of sailing or even until after we dock, or can I sell it at any time after RCCL approval?

You are suppose to own it when you sail, as far as I know now one checks. So if your personal ethics are that poor I guess you could by it, get your OBC, then sell it. However this is just theft as far as I am concerned.

You are suppose to own it when you sail, as far as I know now one checks. So if your personal ethics are that poor I guess you could by it, get your OBC, then sell it. However this is just theft as far as I am concerned.

:mad: I don't know why you are going straight to "theft" If I own the stock now and paid iin full for the cruise, and in a month or so the price goes down, then if I sell it I "poor personal ethics"?

I rechecked the rules and it does say that you must own the shares at the time of sailing.

So that answers my question

Check again http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-shareholderbenefit

1. Who is eligible for this benefit?

Any shareholder holding a minimum of 100 RCL shares at time of sailing.

I might be mistaken but I do not believe that they will process the request for the shareholder credit that far in advance. They request that you send them the request 14 days prior to sailing.

Never heard of any time period that is has to be sent it 14 days prior to sialing. If it is posted somewhere - I've never noticed it. I usually send it in when I make the booking. I’ve had it confirmed 6 months prior to sailing.

If the cruise is close, they seem to get those confirmed right away. (I note the short time frame in the email message line) My shortest confirmation was for a cruise we booked one week prior to sailing. We booked in the morning, sent the email to RCCL right away, and had a confirmation later that afternoon.

The proof of ownership has to be fairly current with the date you are sending it to RCCL (or Celebrity) for credit.

M

Never heard of any time period that is has to be sent it 14 days prior to sialing. If it is posted somewhere - I've never noticed it. I usually send it in when I make the booking. I’ve had it confirmed 6 months prior to sailing.

If the cruise is close, they seem to get those confirmed right away. (I note the short time frame in the email message line) My shortest confirmation was for a cruise we booked one week prior to sailing. We booked in the morning, sent the email to RCCL right away, and had a confirmation later that afternoon.

The proof of ownership has to be fairly current with the date you are sending it to RCCL (or Celebrity) for credit.

M

I guess I misinterpreted what their website said. I thought hat when it said shareholder requests must be received within 2-3 weeks of sailing that's when they wanted to receive them but I guess they will hang onto them and process them if you send them on earlier.

Good to know. I have one for March that I'm going to send in now.

Here is he link to the web page with all the info if anyone wants it.

http://www.rclinvestor.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-shareholderbenefit

I guess I misinterpreted what their website said. I thought hat when it said shareholder requests must be received within 2-3 weeks of sailing that's when they wanted to receive them but I guess they will hang onto them and process them if you send them on earlier. Good to know. I have one for March that I'm going to send in now.

Here is he link to the web page with all the info if anyone wants it.

http://www.rclinvestor.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-shareholderbenefit

My interpretation is that they prefer then sooner than 2-3 weeks prior to sailing. Meaning they DON’T want them any closer to sail date then 2 to 3 weeks prior. In any case the staff there are super-efficient.

M

We emailed our info about six weeks out and it was only a couple of days that we received the confirmation. I didn't think about printing out the confirmation email -- good advice. We've never had problems in the past but you never know. Happy Sailing and enjoy your OBC!

Archived