What Exactly Is Slime Time?

puddles99

I hate that I am even asking this because the mere idea of an activity involving "slime" makes my skin crawl :rolleyes:, but my girls think they really want to do "Slime Time".

So I have a few questions . . .

• Can anyone tell me exactly what this activity is?
  • How do you "win"?
  • Who gets slimed?
  • What is the slime?
  • How long is the event?
  • What age group is it targeted to?
  • What else do I need to know?

Sounds like that Nickelodeon show from 10-15 years ago...

Green slime is kind of Nockelodeon's thing.

I know when the celebrities appear at the annual Kid's Choice awards they still get "slimed".

If you google "slime time NCL" you should be able to find some pictures or videos...

(here's a you tube link I found for the Epic. It is a riff off of Nickelodeon's old show.)

Looks like alot of fun.

Bill

Edited by bguppies

Its fun for the kids. We are going on the Jewel - The Nickelodeon Ship- with our kids and they are all BEGGING to get slimed. I remember when NIckelodeon first started in the 80's they had a show called "You Can't Do that on Television" where they would drop buckets of green slime on the cast. Now they do it at events like the Kids Choice Awards. So since Norwegian has an agreement with Nick - I think 3 ships (maybe 4) are dedicated Nickelodeon Ships, they do the Slime Time Live show where they pick kids- and maybe some parents- to get slimed. I am actually hoping we get picked to get slimed. That would be the highlight of the trip for our kids.

Its fun for the kids. We are going on the Jewel - The Nickelodeon Ship- with our kids and they are all BEGGING to get slimed. I remember when NIckelodeon first started in the 80's they had a show called "You Can't Do that on Television" where they would drop buckets of green slime on the cast. Now they do it at events like the Kids Choice Awards. So since Norwegian has an agreement with Nick - I think 3 ships (maybe 4) are dedicated Nickelodeon Ships, they do the Slime Time Live show where they pick kids- and maybe some parents- to get slimed. I am actually hoping we get picked to get slimed. That would be the highlight of the trip for our kids.

I watched some of the show on the Jewel a couple of years ago. The families that were at the show were having a great time. I can see why your kids would like to be picked. Good luck.

• 3 months later...

I watched the videos of the Jewel's Slime Time Live show on Youtube. It looks like the 4-member family teams are selected prior to the show. The Cruise Director introduced the two teams before selecting additional volunteers from the audience. Does anyone know how the family teams are selected? Through the kids club? Selected from audience members who show up early? sign ups and random selection? etc?

Thanks!

We just went to slime time a few weeks ago on the Jewel. The only one's getting slimed are the family that "wins" the competition in the end.

The audience members are picked throughout the show to help them win competitions, but don't get slimed.

The kids had a blast.

PC170171-L.jpg

PC170174-L.jpg

PC170176-L.jpg

PC170177-L.jpg

PC170180-L.jpg

PC170179-L.jpg

Then if you are the losing family, you get a pie in the face. (You do it yourself).

It's a "game show" in the theater that pits two families against each other in a series of contests (like how fast can you put on about 20 pair of underwear) with one team getting "slimed" at the end. There is no audience participation other than to watch, or maybe a couple of folks picked to help (no sliming). I don't know how they pick the participants, but if you're really into it, you might want to seek out the CD early in your trip to ask.

Edited by sdmike