TravelScoot

b7440

Has anyone traveled with their TravelScoot with the Li-ion battery On NCL CRUISE LINE. In reading the web site it's says scooters are welcome , but they have to be powered by. Gel- Cell battery

From NCL WEBSITE:

Motorized wheelchairs and scooters are allowed in our accessible staterooms provided that they are powered by gel-cell batteries and the chargers must be adaptable to 110 volts. Should you choose a stateroom that has not been designated as accessible, you will need to bring a collapsible wheelchair, or if you have a motorized wheelchair or scooter, the width must not exceed 21 inches to enter the stateroom door. All scooters and wheelchairs MUST be stored in the stateroom. Due to the safety and escape way requirements established by SOLAS regulations, they cannot be stored in the hallways, stairways, or any other public area. Beach wheelchairs can be rented for use on Norwegian Cruise Line's private island.

My travelscoot and I were on Norwegian Dawn last December and had no issues.

The L-ion battery was never questioned or mentioned at all, by either me or any one else.

We had a fabulous time, and have three more NCL cruises booked. No worries.

Marlee

Archived