Is there dolphin encounter in Nassau ?

billy10

There is a dolphin experience if you do the Blue Lagoon trip :)

Hi there. What did you actually do in the dolphin encounter? How long with the dolphins? Did the dolphins come around you and play? I know every experience is different but just curious... What sort of cost involved?Thanks Gayle and Christian (Australia)

We really enjoyed the dolphin encounter. They divide people into small groups, and each group sits around a square water area. There is a platform on one end of the square, and they bring part of the people down at a time to interact with a dolphin. Each person gets a chance to touch them, dance with them, and kiss them. It is a lot of fun. They also take a picture of you with the dolphin if you want to buy one. After the dolphin encounter, you get to go over to the beach area. It is a nice beach, and we loved just laying on the hammocks and playing in the water. I highly recommend this excursion.

We did a sea lion encounter at Blue Lagoon and it was awesome. Loved that we could stay additional time after our tour and enjoy their lagoon. We had already done a dolphin encounter in Cozumel on our own so Murray was my water buddy for the day. Got news he has passed away..:(

Blue Lagoon is a wonderful ferry ride over and less commercial than Atlantis.

Atlantis is beautiful, but if I had to choose between dolphins and Atlantis....my water buddies get my vote.

blue lagoon also offers a dolphin swim (in addition to the encounter)

both are available through RCI.

We did the blue lagoon dolphin swim in august (from the allure).

It was really really really well run.

i was very impressed by the way the dolphins are treated and the fact that they're in a natural environment (the ocean).

we were split into small groups - our group had 8 in it, including 1 person who couldn't swim at all, and another who was just learning to swim, so was unsure of himself in the ocean.

everyone is given a vest that keeps you up in the water so there's no need to swim at all. The vest keeps your head completely above the water.

all 8 of us were in the water and there were two dolphins with us.

First the dolphins swam by us so we could feel them as they went by (after first being instructed on how to properly touch a dolphin).

then we went forward two by two, as the dolphins did things with us - danced as we held their fins, kissed us on the cheek, hugged, etc.

each of us had a long time with a dolphin.

Then each person does the "push" with two dolphins.

You have your feet flexed behind you and the dolphins push you by the bottom of your feet across a small bay.....you're upper body is up out of the water....hard to describe, but you've probably seen it..

everyone did it, even the non-swimmers....and even the little girl in our group (really little, i don't remember how old)..

a curious thing happened to me after the push....a dolphin came and swam with me back to the dock....it's a bit of a swim from where you end up....this dolphin pressed his body up against me, under my right arm and swam with me...i actually put my arm around him as i swam.....

it dawned on me that he was doing it because i have a metal elbow...

it's under my skin so you can't see it, but dolphins have sonar so they can tell if something is different inside a person....i've asked a few trainers and they agreed that must have been what happened....the dolphin could sense something different there with his sonar..

whether he was trying to "help" me, or just was curious isn't something we can know....but he was very helpful...though i didn't need help....but he was.....very sweet experience...it was very much like what our dog does...they way she presses her body up against mine to hug up to me...

admittedly, it was an experience of a lifetime moment!! :)

anyway, we thought the blue lagoon dolphin swim was well worth every penny (it's expensive)....we very much enjoyed it and would do it again in a heartbeat!!

Edited by alaska_planner

it's too late to edit my post so i'll correct it this way..

i think i was wrong - i think we each went forward one by one for our interactions with the dolphin....i can't remember...i'll ask DD....

but whatever it was, we had a lot of time with the dolphin....

it must have been one by one, since the photographer wouldn't be able to photograph us two by two...

so each of us was by ourselves out in front of the group interacting with the dolphin..

and then of course, the dolphin push was each of us alone...

whatever it was, we all loved it....our entire group loved it....

again, worth every penny...

and the boat ride over to the island is nice as well...

we enjoyed checking out all the incredible ocean front mansions you pass on the way over to the island (and back)!!!!

blue lagoon also offers a dolphin swim (in addition to the encounter)

both are available through RCI.

We did the blue lagoon dolphin swim in august (from the allure).

It was really really really well run.

i was very impressed by the way the dolphins are treated and the fact that they're in a natural environment (the ocean).

we were split into small groups - our group had 8 in it, including 1 person who couldn't swim at all, and another who was just learning to swim, so was unsure of himself in the ocean.

everyone is given a vest that keeps you up in the water so there's no need to swim at all. The vest keeps your head completely above the water.

all 8 of us were in the water and there were two dolphins with us.

First the dolphins swam by us so we could feel them as they went by (after first being instructed on how to properly touch a dolphin).

then we went forward two by two, as the dolphins did things with us - danced as we held their fins, kissed us on the cheek, hugged, etc.

each of us had a long time with a dolphin.

Then each person does the "push" with two dolphins.

You have your feet flexed behind you and the dolphins push you by the bottom of your feet across a small bay.....you're upper body is up out of the water....hard to describe, but you've probably seen it..

everyone did it, even the non-swimmers....and even the little girl in our group (really little, i don't remember how old)..

a curious thing happened to me after the push....a dolphin came and swam with me back to the dock....it's a bit of a swim from where you end up....this dolphin pressed his body up against me, under my right arm and swam with me...i actually put my arm around him as i swam.....

it dawned on me that he was doing it because i have a metal elbow...

it's under my skin so you can't see it, but dolphins have sonar so they can tell if something is different inside a person....i've asked a few trainers and they agreed that must have been what happened....the dolphin could sense something different there with his sonar..

whether he was trying to "help" me, or just was curious isn't something we can know....but he was very helpful...though i didn't need help....but he was.....very sweet experience...it was very much like what our dog does...they way she presses her body up against mine to hug up to me...

admittedly, it was an experience of a lifetime moment!! :)

anyway, we thought the blue lagoon dolphin swim was well worth every penny (it's expensive)....we very much enjoyed it and would do it again in a heartbeat!!

Edited by alaska_planner

We would love to do this on our cruise in April but we are only in Port for a short time. It looks like the only time that would work for us is 8:30am not sure we would want that early..

we were only in port for a short time (all aboard was 1:30)..

we did the 8:30 excursion....well worth getting up early!!

Edited by alaska_planner

• 2 months later...