Le Bistro First Night

Monalis

My husband and I are sailing on the Jewel in a few months and wanted to try Le Bistro and Moderno. We were thinking of trying on of them the first night and I had thought I read somewhere about on board specials for dining out the first night. Does anyone know of any type of deals or specials offered either the first night or throughout the cruise?

I've seen people say they were given a free bottle of wine on the first night at specialty restaurant. Our last cruise we booked moderno and were each given a free drink...I forget what they were called though.

Depending on the promotion at the time, or closer to your sailing date, there is usually a free bottle of wine when you dine at a specialty restaurant the first night at sea. This is lobster night in the MDR. We absolutely loved LeBistro on the Jewel and highly recommend it. Keep watching your NCL account page for promotions prior to sailing. Enjoy!

When the specialty dining reservation period opens, 45 days prior to embarkation, they usually offer a discount when you book 3 specific restaurants; Cagney's, Papa's Italian and

Le Bistro. they discount the total price by $8 per person and, if you book Cagney's for embarkation night you receive a complimentary bottle of house wine.

You must pre book the reservations to get the discount.

The offer does not apply to any other combination of specialty restaurants and the free bottle of wine only comes at Cagney's on embarkation night. We have used it a couple of times and inquired regarding about amendments and the answer was 'No".

When the specialty dining reservation period opens, 45 days prior to embarkation, they usually offer a discount when you book 3 specific restaurants; Cagney's, Papa's Italian and

Le Bistro. they discount the total price by $8 per person and, if you book Cagney's for embarkation night you receive a complimentary bottle of house wine.

You must pre book the reservations to get the discount.

This is the deal we got and we will be dining in Cagney's on the first night of our upcoming cruise.

Thanks everyone, not what I was looking for. We have the UBP so the free wine doesn't do much for us. And we really aren't looking to eat at any of the other surcharge restaurants other than La Bistro and Mondero. So I guess we'll plan our dining according to the menu in the MDR each night. :p

This is the deal we got and we will be dining in Cagney's on the first night of our upcoming cruise.

I would not suggest the special if you are just looking for the complimentary bottle of wine. It's Talus and $3.99 at our liquor store. It's better to order a nice wine by the glass at any restaurant. One thing I've noticed the past three times on NCL, I don't know what I'm doing each night on the cruise. I prefer to keep my options open. We are not early diners, so we have no problem obtaining reservations at any of the specialty restaurants. However, if you are looking at Teppanyaki, you may want to have some strategy, as their seating is limited. But, we don't eat there because there are several types of restaurants around where we live that do the same. LeBistro and Cagney's are spectacular.

I would not suggest the special if you are just looking for the complimentary bottle of wine. It's Talus and $3.99 at our liquor store. It's better to order a nice wine by the glass at any restaurant. One thing I've noticed the past three times on NCL, I don't know what I'm doing each night on the cruise. I prefer to keep my options open. We are not early diners, so we have no problem obtaining reservations at any of the specialty restaurants. However, if you are looking at Teppanyaki, you may want to have some strategy, as their seating is limited. But, we don't eat there because there are several types of restaurants around where we live that do the same. LeBistro and Cagney's are spectacular.

The free wine has always been Tisdale Merlot or Chardonnay.

If the ship is sailing full, its unlikely that there will be special deals. If they are not at capacity & potentially sailing at a loss you may see promotions designed to make the ship more money by enticing you to spend where otherwise you might not.

• 3 months later...

I booked Le Bistro on the Gem in January and I am also getting a bottle of wine of my choice ( red or white ) for booking the first night, so yes they still have those promotions....I have it in writing to when it was all emailed to me...

For a while (quite a while ago), some specialty restaurants were 2 for 1 on embarkation night. Haven't seen that offered in a long time, though.

Work your way up to Platinum status and you'll have a voucher for a complimentary dinner for two at LeBistro. :)

Yeah the 2 for 1 is kind of what I was looking for. We got the UBP so the free bottle of wine wasn't any type of incentive. We ended up doing Le Bistro on the first dress up or not night and it was soooo worth it. Also ended up going to Monderno and Mama's.

We fell in love with NCL and purchased 2 future cruise credits so we are working our way upwards to Platinum happily. :P

I have never seen anything about a special for first night out

On last 5 cruises I always ate out at a specialty restaurant first night and never received a discount or anything free like a bottle of wine

This time we are going to MDR because i want to experience lobster night

BTW I would skip teppanyaki and head to le bistro cagneys or moderno

Just my two cents

I have never seen anything about a special for first night out

On last 5 cruises I always ate out at a specialty restaurant first night and never received a discount or anything free like a bottle of wine

This time we are going to MDR because i want to experience lobster night

BTW I would skip teppanyaki and head to le bistro cagneys or moderno

Just my two cents

Its on there for sure and I have confirmation of it from NCL. When you book all three restaurants at the same time it comes up and says if you book one of these on the first night you get a free bottle of wine...

The free wine has always been Tisdale Merlot or Chardonnay.

yes although I consider it very drinkable, it is $2.49 to $3.99 a bottle. I search out something (red only) in the $15-$25 rang - and then assume the ship mark-up of 120%-150% and enjoy it.

In 2009 some restaurants had early bird half off specials. Those were great! But, no more... Now only the three dinner deal, and wine first night. But, we like lobster night the first night--order doubles

Safe sailing

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

This topic comes up fairly often with lots of people posting their experiences.

The actual facts are:

At the moment there is the offer mentioned above, where you get a free bottle of wine if you take the Speciality Trio and use one of those on Embarkation day. This is specifically mentioned on MyNCL.

Other than that, there is no guarantee of any other offers, but occasionally some people do receive something (usually a bottle of wine for eating at a speciality early or on the first night). These offers seem to be on a ship by ship/sailing by sailing basis and I would not advise anyone to dine at a certain time or place in the hope of getting those offers.

The only time I recall any other being advertised was one done through Facebook a couple of years ago when I believe there was a token available to print and present.

The free wine they give is Tinsdale, but the fact that it only costs a few dollars in the shops doesn't matter much, as it costs a lot more than that on the ship. If you don't mind it then it's a bottle of wine that you don't have to buy and saves you around $30.

This topic comes up fairly often with lots of people posting their experiences.

The actual facts are:

At the moment there is the offer mentioned above, where you get a free bottle of wine if you take the Speciality Trio and use one of those on Embarkation day. This is specifically mentioned on MyNCL.

Other than that, there is no guarantee of any other offers, but occasionally some people do receive something (usually a bottle of wine for eating at a speciality early or on the first night). These offers seem to be on a ship by ship/sailing by sailing basis and I would not advise anyone to dine at a certain time or place in the hope of getting those offers.

The only time I recall any other being advertised was one done through Facebook a couple of years ago when I believe there was a token available to print and present.

The free wine they give is Tinsdale, but the fact that it only costs a few dollars in the shops doesn't matter much, as it costs a lot more than that on the ship. If you don't mind it then it's a bottle of wine that you don't have to buy and saves you around $30.

I've read that they got rid of Tisdale (thank goodness!). I will know for certain in 17 days. ;)

We booked Cirque the first night and received 25% off each guest. Instead of paying $39.99 each, the price was dropped to $29.99. I booked in advance and the $10 was credited to my on-board account.

We also booked the 3 Specialty Trio for $57 each.

So our dining on Breakaway looked like this:

Sunday - Cirque

Monday - Buffet for "lobster" night

Tuesday - Manhattan Room

Wednesday - Le Bistro

Thursday - Taste

Friday - La Cucina

Saturday - Cagney's Steakhouse

The Specialty Trio and each of the specialty restaurants were EXCELLENT! I highly recommend these three!

__

Edit to Add: OOPS, sorry I see you are sailing the Jewel, I thought it was the Breakaway (hence, Cirque).

Edited by ibcnusoon

In 2009 some restaurants had early bird half off specials. Those were great! But, no more... Now only the three dinner deal, and wine first night. But, we like lobster night the first night--order doubles

Safe sailing

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Yes!!! I never knew you could order doubles till just lately!!! I love lobster, but my SO doesn't...are there other options on the menu on Lobster Night?