Formal Nights on 13 night EQ.

Cruising89143

We are booked on a 13 night cruise in June on the EQ. How can I find out for certain when formal nights are? I can usually figure out by sea days but we only have two sea days. Day six and day eleven. The first five nights we are in port until 7or 8. I want to book specialty dining and would like to know. Something tells me that calling X would not help. Any suggestions?

I suggest you look for a similar itinerary that was this year and see if anyone has put it on the roll call or post it there to see if anyone is still following it.

It's hard to be exact as each cruise is different

I looked but did not see one. I did find one that was not exactly the same but close by one day and the formal nights were the two sea days and one last minute semi formal on the next to the last evening. Thanks for your help.:)

Unfortunately, I don't have the answer either. I cruised on Celebrity Solstice (last year) - I think on an almost exact itinerary (out of Barcelona, overnight in Venice). We had 3 sea days and 3 formal nights - however 1 of those formal nights was the second night of the cruise when we had been in port until 7pm. (Other 2 formal nights were on sea days).

I don't know why Celebrity don't indicate in their itinerary which nights will be designated as formal (in particular as people are expected to make the effort to dress up !).

Because after all if passengers don't make the effort to inject a bit of glamour, then the reality is that there is nothing particular being done by Celebrity to make it significantly different from any other dinner in the main dining room (there's no fresh flowers on the table, no string quartet playing in the dining room, no outstanding desserts..........).

And if you've had a long hard day travelling on land (perhaps a 10 hour tour, eg. doing Rome or Florence, where you've probably been off the ship from 7.30am) then it seems somewhat inconsiderate to only be informed of that evening's dinner plans just before you go the bed the previous night (ie. when you get the daily planner on your bed). So then you arrive back from your day out bedraggled & exhausted - but have to shower, do your hair, makeup etc, get on your fancy clothes and present yourself, in time, for your dinner time.

The passenger shouldn't have to wonder about something which is actually designated by Celebrity.

Archived