Baltimore - after cruise departure

RSLeesburg

This will be our first cruise sailing out of Baltimore. We will be driving to the port and parking on-site, but was curious as to which is better - walk off with bags early or wait? We do not have to catch a plane or train, so no rush to get off the ship...but, is it better to beat the rush? Is the traffic leaving to port really bad if we wait? Will we get stuck in rush hour traffic or miss it if we wait?

Thanks

We are having a friend drive us from Northern VA and pick us up when we go out of Baltimore on the 29th. Fortunately for our cruise both NFL teams are either away or on a bye both weekends so I am expecting light traffic. Not sure when you're headed out.

We will miss the games - we sail out on Friday morning, and return on Thursday morning, so I was thinking more of work traffic.

I have heard that you can walk off and be gone with no hassle. I am thinking we will walk off too, but we will have our 4 y/o son, so not sure we can get him moving that fast...lol...and, just did not want to get off later, only to be stuck in traffic trying to leave port, or worse get stuck in morning rush hour.

We will miss the games - we sail out on Friday morning, and return on Thursday morning, so I was thinking more of work traffic.

I have heard that you can walk off and be gone with no hassle. I am thinking we will walk off too, but we will have our 4 y/o son, so not sure we can get him moving that fast...lol...and, just did not want to get off later, only to be stuck in traffic trying to leave port, or worse get stuck in morning rush hour.

I am thinking by the time you're headed back to Leesburg, you should be ok. I think the Tyson's area may be slightly busy around lunch time but outside if that you should be good.

We live in PA....due to handicap issues & my husband in a power chair, we always wait to get off the ship...Never had a problem, off, to our car, out of parking lot & on the road home...

Thanks. Nothing worse than returning from a relaxing vacation only to be stuck in traffic :)

I am thinking by the time you're headed back to Leesburg, you should be ok. I think the Tyson's area may be slightly busy around lunch time but outside if that you should be good.

Yes. I was thinking the same, although we may go I-70 to 15 south. Where we live in Loudoun, it can be just as fast going that way vs. the beltway. So, it may be a game-day decision...lol

Archived