Lost luggage

fance99

We traveled with friends. One of their suitcases was missing at end of cruise. We waited for all suitcases to be picked up and the last one there was identical to one friend lost. Agent tried to help. Then a man comes up and picks up last suitcase. He says he forgot it. I say he picked up friends suitcase by mistake and keeps it and comes back for his last suitcase with his name on it so who could say anything. Friends suitcase never shows up. They did collect from cruise insurance and also from homeowners. Didn't take long. But I'm still convinced this stranger did pickup wrong suitcase and DID keep it.

What always amazes me is that people walk off with bags that have tags and other markings. How can anyone not take 1 second to look at the tag? Our bags have pretty unique luggage tags (all from DH's company trips we've taken in the past), yet he has had to stop people from taking his bag in airports a few times. Now, he does travel a couple of times a month for work, so more opportunity, but seriously. I just do not get why it's so hard for people to confirm a bag is theirs before they walk off with it. It's not an accident as accidents are totally out of people's control. This is entirely preventable. We've been fortunate that we've never had a bag disappear. This upcoming trip we're going to WDW for 5 days after our cruise so I will still have to cross pack just in case.

Got a call today from the person who took my bag by mistake, he informed me that it is being shipped through UPS as of today. Will call RCCL rep who has helped me with this problem and inform them what is happening and see if they can help cover the expense for shipping this to me from Canada. Wish me luck.

That is great news. We had a similar situation getting off the indy in ft. Lauderdale. Just when we were running out of time to leave for the airport, some lady comes walking back with it. She blamed it on the porter. I was livid. Ever since then, we haul our own bags off.

That is great news. We had a similar situation getting off the indy in ft. Lauderdale. Just when we were running out of time to leave for the airport, some lady comes walking back with it. She blamed it on the porter. I was livid. Ever since then, we haul our own bags off.

The porter only picks up the bags he's told too.:rolleyes:

Does anyone know how to say "I'm so sorry. I should have looked closer before I took your bag". You know, something resembling responsibility and and apology?

We traveled with friends. One of their suitcases was missing at end of cruise. We waited for all suitcases to be picked up and the last one there was identical to one friend lost. Agent tried to help. Then a man comes up and picks up last suitcase. He says he forgot it. I say he picked up friends suitcase by mistake and keeps it and comes back for his last suitcase with his name on it so who could say anything. Friends suitcase never shows up. They did collect from cruise insurance and also from homeowners. Didn't take long. But I'm still convinced this stranger did pickup wrong suitcase and DID keep it.

I believe it. Several years ago one of our group was missing a suitcase. It was reported. Carnival traced it to a man who took it home to Tallahassee. His story was that his suitcase was gone so he just took one at random because he was angry. His wife had already given his to a porter. When they got home with one extra suitcase he refused to do anything do she called Carnival who called my friend. The man refused to pay to ship it to Jacksonville but luckily an acquaintance lived in Tally and went and picked it up. It went thru a couple of hands and finally got here. He didn't try to ask Carnival to help, but at least they helped him locate it.

Obviously cruising does nothing for the oaf who basically stole Jim's luggage.

the husband of friends of ours accidently grabbed the wrong suitcase at the San Pedro cruise terminal and were heading back to Sacramento, when they got a call they needed to return. he had his cell phone number in his suitcase so they called him. They hadn't been on the road 30 minutes thank goodness. His wife never noticed the wrong bag.

Archived