Just Back from the 8 September Freedom

Creepella

We had an amazing time, and I thought I would share a few observations.

Service

Best anywhere. Our dining crew, cabin steward, and almost everyone else we ran into bent over backwards for us.

Stateroom

We had 6214, which is at the front of the ship, so you actually get an extra half balcony tacked on to the front, with a window going all the way down, so you can watch where you are going. Would definitely book this stateroom again.

Drinks Package

We had thought about getting the premium drinks package, but decided instead to just get the soda package, and order like we had the unlimited drinks. I don't think the premium package includes the Freestyle cups, so that was a bonus. And the results: we would have lost money with the package. For the 2 of us, for 7 days, including the soda package, we paid $600. This also included 2 glasses of wine not covered by package, so I think for us, our livers just aren't up to the challenge of all you can drink.

Cruise Director

Richard Spacey -- so that's what all the fuss is about. In all honesty, up until this trip, the best I have ever had to say about any cruise director was "Not Annoying". Richard Spacey, however, was entertaining and enjoyable.

The Ship

Lovely as always. The Freedom of the Seas is my favourite ship. This trip, we spent a lot of time in the Champagne Bar with Erwina. She is terrific.

Miscellaneous

The Johnny Rockets on the Freedom has the best service we have seen in a Johnny Rockets. Sorrento's is a great place to get lunch without fighting the Windjammer crowds. Always get coffee from the Cafe, it is much better. And go dancing!

Drinks Package

We had thought about getting the premium drinks package, but decided instead to just get the soda package, and order like we had the unlimited drinks. I don't think the premium package includes the Freestyle cups, so that was a bonus. And the results: we would have lost money with the package. For the 2 of us, for 7 days, including the soda package, we paid $600. This also included 2 glasses of wine not covered by package, so I think for us, our livers just aren't up to the challenge of all you can drink.

Great to hear that you had such a nice trip! DH and I are leaving in just over a month to go on the Explorer for a 7-night trip... You did exactly what we intend to do to 'test' if the Drinks Package would be worth it for us. We already have our Soda Package purchased and while I definitely don't drink enough to make it worth having the Premium Drink Package, you never with DH - and it would be great to know just how much you 'would have spent' and if it is a good idea for our particular situation. So funny that you did this and interesting to know that you did better without it. :)

We had an amazing time, and I thought I would share a few observations.

Service

Best anywhere. Our dining crew, cabin steward, and almost everyone else we ran into bent over backwards for us.

Stateroom

We had 6214, which is at the front of the ship, so you actually get an extra half balcony tacked on to the front, with a window going all the way down, so you can watch where you are going. Would definitely book this stateroom again.

Drinks Package

Cruise Director

Richard Spacey -- so that's what all the fuss is about. In all honesty, up until this trip, the best I have ever had to say about any cruise director was "Not Annoying". Richard Spacey, however, was entertaining and enjoyable.

The Ship

Lovely as always. The Freedom of the Seas is my favourite ship. This trip, we spent a lot of time in the Champagne Bar with Erwina. She is terrific.

Miscellaneous

The Johnny Rockets on the Freedom has the best service we have seen in a Johnny Rockets. Sorrento's is a great place to get lunch without fighting the Windjammer crowds. Always get coffee from the Cafe, it is much better. And go dancing!

I hung out a lot in the Champagne bar...:D had a great time. However, I didn't like the new menus.. to me they were bland but I certainly didn't go hungry. We had a great time too

CC

I read on one review that the Caffeine Free Diet Coke was not availabe on the Freestyle Machine during their cruise. The button was there, but was always grayed out, as if empty.

Curious if this was just that particular cruise and they just ran out or if they just don't have the Caffeine Free Diet Coke available. Did you happen to notice if it was available on your cruise?

We will be on the Freedom next month. Thank you so much for your help.

Archived