Santiago Hotels

Miss Jolly

We are cruising from Valparaiso:) on 16th March.We are planning to spend 14th at a hotel in Santiago and then take a tour/transfer on 15th to Valparaiso and spend the night there pre-cruise. As we are going to take a tour around Santiago, I am thinking that the hotel does not need to be in a central location but I would like it in a safe position. I am considering Hotel Santiago Park Plaza or Novotel Santiago Vitacura. Does anyone have helpful advice on these hotels please?

I was also thinking of the Ibis near the port in Valparaiso so would also appreciate any thoughts on that. It seems like a simple, clean and inexpensive choice for a brief stay.

We are cruising from Valparaiso:) on 16th March.We are planning to spend 14th at a hotel in Santiago and then take a tour/transfer on 15th to Valparaiso and spend the night there pre-cruise. As we are going to take a tour around Santiago, I am thinking that the hotel does not need to be in a central location but I would like it in a safe position. I am considering Hotel Santiago Park Plaza or Novotel Santiago Vitacura. Does anyone have helpful advice on these hotels please?

I was also thinking of the Ibis near the port in Valparaiso so would also appreciate any thoughts on that. It seems like a simple, clean and inexpensive choice for a brief stay.

Mercure Santiago Centro (former Caesar Business) is very well located and the service is very good! I've been there last month and loved it...

• 4 weeks later...
Mercure Santiago Centro (former Caesar Business) is very well located and the service is very good! I've been there last month and loved it...

We second the recommendation for this hotel.We liked it so much we stayed there twice in Jan.and Feb.of this year.

Very nice staff and service and a free breakfast buffet included!

TwinAnchors

Hotel Plaza San Francisco is a European type Grand hotel - impeccable service, excellent restaurant, quietly elegant and centrally located. I just booked for a pre cruise night at $165.

I have stayed there 6 times.

• 1 month later...

We are using Hotel Orly in Santiago (good reviews and breakfast included) and Ibis in Valpariso mid February. Trip Advisor seems to agree with you that Ibis is relatively inexpensive and is in a safe, central location. Has anyone used it?