mdr table for 2 .. 12 inches apart... butt or groin?????

Jldevlin

I also go to the MDR sometime on embarkation day and scope out the table numbers that will be easy to be seated at.

My last cruise we were lucky enough to be seated in a very comfortable section of booths and 2 chair tables the 1st night and we just asked to sit in that section every night. Some evenings they even seated us alone in a booth.

Oh my goodness! This is too funny, but sadly true. Not much of a choice, is there? That's why I like to get there early to avoid conflict with other diners. On our last cruise we were seated in a booth every night. My husband finally started being the first one in because for me to slide across the seat meant my middle was up against the table and dragging the table cloth with me. It could have gotten nasty with all those dishes and glasses hitting the floor.

As long as it's not bolted to the ground I would just move the table

Agreed - have your husband pull the table out, you sit, he puts it back & then sits himself.

I think proper etiquette is to pass between a person and an object with your back to the person.

the OP was funny! I'm fluffy so hubby already knows the drill even if the waiter doesn't - he'll pull the table out so that I can get in there a little better and will pull the table out when it's time to exit. Sorry in advance to the folks on my right but you'll probably get the butt view for a sec :)

Ekk, hope I don't run into on my cruise. Bad enough when it happens on planes when the aisle seat person must just get on first, then I just assume they want a face fulll of my butt :p.

On our flight to Vegas in July I had to straddle this young guy to go to the restroom. For whatever reason he didn't just get up and step into the aisle so I could get out. It was really uncomfortable as my DH had to watch this spectacle and the teenage girls across the aisle found it hilarious!!!! Needless to say he got a face full of cleavage... :eek:

We are off to Hawaii tomorrow on our first Carnival cruise. We have a few other lines under our belt and we have found we really dont enjoy eating with 6 strangers. Yes I know lots of you do but we like to eat by ourselves.

I know many of you also like to eat at a table for 2 .. the problem being the teeny little space between the tables. Hubby is 6 foot and 220 so he will sit in the first seat which of course leaves me to wiggle into the one behind.

So lets say you are already at your table ... I have to get into mine ... I have 2 choices... slide my butt over my table .. knocking the bread basket to the floor and while trying to keep my " groinal region " from touching your table and doing a fancy spin to get into my seat...

OR .... going in backwards with a tight clenching of the cheeks to keep your glassware on the table ...but my rear is still close to your table ... that is your first view of me .. how do you like me so far ?????

So if you are my new buddies for the meal ... which do you prefer ?? butt??? or groin????

Sit on the gentleman's lap and slide over.

If this is a survey I'm a butt man.

teeheee...lol....wow...:o

I have the same issue...on our RCI cruise it was a table for two with two chairs. On the first Carnival Cruise on Freedom we had YTD and it was the table 12 inches apart...I am the larger spouse so I got the booth/bench/banquette seat while DH got the chair however...we had a table that was at the end of the whole arrangement...after that DH asked for a booth the rest of the cruise...he hated being so close to others.

• 3 weeks later...

Well we are back and I am pleased to report I never had to make the decision !!! We had ytd and it was great !!!! The tables for 2 are not squished together and they happily put us in a booth if we asked. And it was never an issue to get a table for 2 ... thanks Carnival!!!!

___ ____ ____

___ ____ ____

The tables are 12 inches apart on the sides, not all the way around. Please walk behind me to get to your seat. Don't try to go between the tables. I want to enjoy my dinner. :)

On the Fascination there is a long booth with several tables sitting next to each other and as the OP stated it feels like 2 inches between the tables. There is no way to go behind you. I guess I could have walked behind the booth and jumped over the back but not sure about that because there were tables behind the booth. The only way to get to the seat was to squeeze through that tiny opening.

Fortunately, the couple next to us rarely showed up for dinner.

OP...thanks for the laugh!

Well we are back and I am pleased to report I never had to make the decision !!! We had ytd and it was great !!!! The tables for 2 are not squished together and they happily put us in a booth if we asked. And it was never an issue to get a table for 2 ... thanks Carnival!!!!

What's ytd?

We are off to Hawaii tomorrow on our first Carnival cruise. We have a few other lines under our belt and we have found we really dont enjoy eating with 6 strangers. Yes I know lots of you do but we like to eat by ourselves.

I know many of you also like to eat at a table for 2 .. the problem being the teeny little space between the tables. Hubby is 6 foot and 220 so he will sit in the first seat which of course leaves me to wiggle into the one behind.

So lets say you are already at your table ... I have to get into mine ... I have 2 choices... slide my butt over my table .. knocking the bread basket to the floor and while trying to keep my " groinal region " from touching your table and doing a fancy spin to get into my seat...

OR .... going in backwards with a tight clenching of the cheeks to keep your glassware on the table ...but my rear is still close to your table ... that is your first view of me .. how do you like me so far ?????

So if you are my new buddies for the meal ... which do you prefer ?? butt??? or groin????

I say get there first and you won't have to squeeze by anyone :-)

What's ytd?

your time dining .. we went between 5:45 and 6:15 every night and never had to wait .We are on a b2b with Carnival next Feb. and we are going to go this way again. We of course had it on ncl because that is the way they do it all the time and we really liked not having to have a set time each night.... much more relaxed. Carnival really excelled at this. The service was great every night even tho we had a different wait staff each time. But they all were fast and we really could not find one thing to complain about .

Proper etiquette is to always face people, never place your butt into their face. This goes for the movies, or anyplace else where there is a tight space. It is sometimes more difficult, but is considered more polite. As you pass you can say "excuse me, excuse me", but your butt can not talk.

Archived