Where can you do laundry on a 27 day Grand European on Vantage

Gail & Marty sailing away

We have been on two Vantage and one AMA river cruise. We have found that the ships generally will do laundry for prices that are much better than hotel laundry prices. Hand washing is a possibility for some lightweight items, but with the small cabins, there is not much room to hang the items. You cannot hang them near your window, since other boats will frequently be tied up next to your boat.

We are doing the 27 day Grand European on Vantage where can you do laundry?

Would you consider disposable underwear? I used to bring all my best stuff on trips (my Mom always told me to) but now I bring my oldest undergarments, socks, pajamas and shoes (except for walking shoes of course) and just throw them out as I use them. It gives me more room for pants and tops; and for new stuff and it cuts down the weight of my suitcase to accommodate the new stuff. Another thing I learned along the way is to pack items either by type or outfit in jumbo zip lock bags and roll the air out. This increases the amount you can fit in your suitcase and keeps things from wrinkling en route. As for things that had to be laundered if they dried quickly I used a Tide stick and the blow dryer. If not, I bit the bullet and sent them out to let Vantage do them. Everything always came back beautifully folded and if I put them out while I went to breakfast they would be back after dinner.

I guess I never understood this. If u r spending enough money for that length of trip, then what is the cost of some laundry? It is not worth your vacation time to do it yourself. YMMV

Good point, but I have seen some hotels charge $1.5 to clean a pair of socks that don't cost that much. We try to handwash small lightweight items and send to the laundry shirts, trousers, shorts, etc.

Good point, but I have seen some hotels charge $1.5 to clean a pair of socks that don't cost that much. We try to handwash small lightweight items and send to the laundry shirts, trousers, shorts, etc.

Exactly! I can rinse some undies, but anything else goes out. They had a line in the shower for handwashables.

• 3 weeks later...

I may be mistaken on the list of laundry prices one poster attached. I believe they were higher.

At home most of my shirts are hand wash and hang to dry so doing this in the boat was no big deal. My husband's shirts washed very well too. He did them. It only took a few minutes every few days. We travel lots with carry on and our clothing purchases are made with this in mind.

If you are willing to do a little hand laundry and send the bulkier items for service, I doubt there will be any issues.

I only saw three laundromat and none of them were along the cruise route.

Archived