Yet Another Premium Beverage Package Question

EMBFlyer

We're going to be sailing on the Navigator in March out of Galveston. I was wondering when you pre-purchase the package online, will your SeaPass work immediately upon boarding the ship? Will it already have the sticker on it, like the soda program or is it just imbedded into your account?

Also, I've read that Carnival has restrictions on buying the package on Day 1, due to Texas laws. You can't buy it until Day 2. I know the Navigator isn't in Galveston, yet, but does anyone have any idea about how this could affect RCI or if they even have such a program in place? I would assume if you pre-purchase it online that it wouldn't even be a factor.

Thanks!

We're going to be sailing on the Navigator in March out of Galveston. I was wondering when you pre-purchase the package online, will your SeaPass work immediately upon boarding the ship? Will it already have the sticker on it, like the soda program or is it just imbedded into your account?

Also, I've read that Carnival has restrictions on buying the package on Day 1, due to Texas laws. You can't buy it until Day 2. I know the Navigator isn't in Galveston, yet, but does anyone have any idea about how this could affect RCI or if they even have such a program in place? I would assume if you pre-purchase it online that it wouldn't even be a factor.

Thanks!

If you purchase the drink package online, your SeaPass will have a printed logo for the drink package, so it should work as soon as you board.

I've not had any direct experience with the drink package in Galveston, however I have cruised out of Galveston a couple of times. Before sailing, they were restricted to using alcohol that was purchased with the Texas sticker. If they ran out of that, then they had to wait until they were some distance from the coast before they could sell the non-Texas alcohol. One of our cruises out of Galveston was delayed a couple of hours, and they did run out of certain types of the alcohol with the Texas stickers.

If you purchase the drink package online, your SeaPass will have a printed logo for the drink package, so it should work as soon as you board.

I've not had any direct experience with the drink package in Galveston, however I have cruised out of Galveston a couple of times. Before sailing, they were restricted to using alcohol that was purchased with the Texas sticker. If they ran out of that, then they had to wait until they were some distance from the coast before they could sell the non-Texas alcohol. One of our cruises out of Galveston was delayed a couple of hours, and they did run out of certain types of the alcohol with the Texas stickers.

Awesome! Thanks! I'd assume that the restriction is a Carnival thing.

Archived