walkie talkie

Hello

I am leaving in the VOS on Sunday from New York,

Can anyone tell me if we can brin walkie talkie on boards. Travelling with two teen boys

and it makes it easier on us.

Thanks

We used walkie-talkie's last year on the Navigator because we too were travelling with teens. They worked great and helped all of us keep in communication. Be sure to get a good set, we bought ours at Target and they were about $60 for the set of two. Cheap ones simply do not work.

Also be sure to be courteous to your fellow travelers when using them by turning them off while in the dining rooms or where people are trying to get some peace and quiet. :)

Enjoy your trip and please tell us all about it. We are sailing on the VOS August 26th.

HEllo

Thank you for your replies. I think we have good ones, we use them on the ski slopes and they seem to work ouy fine. will tell you all about our cruise.

We haven't cruised for a while, last time was on the Disney in 2001 and everyone enjoyed:rolleyes:

Any of you guys from Montreal,Canada ?:D

We were on the Mariner in June, 2005 and have three sons. We rented "ship phones" for 25.00 each for the cruise and they functioned just like cell phones. We could reach them at any time, and they could call each other, the room, etc. It was a great help.:)

Suggetioins to reduce the ire of some fellow passengers:

1) Get the vibrate kind and use on vibrate only.

2) Turn off the chirp.

3) Remember you do not have to yell into the walkie talkie.

4) Remind all that use them not to use them as a toy and keep the conversations to a minimum.

5) Do not use them during shows.

Enjoy!

I was at the spa in the "quiet room" that they send you to before your treatments. Lovely soothing fountain, soft music, and...

a lady yelling into her walkie talkie. "Can you hear me?! Hey, what are you still doing at the pool?! I told you to get back to the room!! Can you hear me? Can you hear me?":mad:

Other than that incident, I never noticed them, and I'm sure others had them. As others have said, they are great when used appropriately and considerately.

Archived