Port Hole Cabins on the Breeze

Florings

Can anyone give me any information (maybe pictures) on port hole cabins on the Breeze, specifically on the main deck (2200)?

Always had aft cabins before, this would be a first in the forward of the ship. I always take Bonine anyway, because I'm a bit susceptible to motion....

Are they roomy? Feel much motion on this particular ship in this location?

Can anyone give me any information (maybe pictures) on port hole cabins on the Breeze, specifically on the main deck (2200)?

Always had aft cabins before, this would be a first in the forward of the ship. I always take Bonine anyway, because I'm a bit susceptible to motion....

Are they roomy? Feel much motion on this particular ship in this location?

I stayed in porthole cabin 2221 on the Breeze this Summer. If you go to cruiselinerooms dot com and click on the Breeze, I posted pics of cabin 2221 on there. It was a great cabin and I would definitely book a porthole again.

I stayed in porthole cabin 2221 on the Breeze this Summer. If you go to cruiselinerooms dot com and click on the Breeze, I posted pics of cabin 2221 on there. It was a great cabin and I would definitely book a porthole again.

Thank you! Noise? Motion? Any different than mid to aft?

There will be some noise from the front of the ship hitting the waves. The bigger the waves, the louder it will be. I had some pretty crazy waves in one porthole room, and it still wasn't anything I couldn't sleep through. I was in a porthole room in the calmest waters I've ever seen, and no sound at all. There may be some noises when coming into or leaving ports, but the aft usually has louder noises in those times. The forward part of the ship will feel more motion than midship, but I don't think it's that incredibly significant.

I love the porthole rooms as well. They are larger than standard interiors on Breeze. Breeze's insides are listed at 185 sq.ft, but are actually 150. The porthole rooms are somewhere around 200-210 if you take a tape measurer to it. The extra room is significant.

Lanie, we can't see the picture unless we have a login to the website.

I agree that the 1A portholes on the Breeze are great. In fact we've had a PT on each of our last 3 cruises and may never go back to a standard inside cabin.

Sister and I usually get the ones that have a single twin and convertable sleeper sofa. Tons of walk around room and since they leave the bolsters in the cabin but the sofa is made up as a bed we can still enjoy it as a sofa and a nice seating area.

I don't particularly like being forward, just because I'm use to being midship on deck 6, but for the price and the light it's worth getting use to. The sound of the waves against the hull was minimal even in 8' seas and we didn't have any trouble sleeping through it.

I didn't notice any more movement than being midship or aft. But I will tell you, when coming into ports in the mornings, it does sound like a freight train is going through your room! :eek: It was loud. But after the first day, I got used to the noise and I was always up early so it never woke me up. My DS(13) slept right through the noise in the mornings. You'll also hear this same noise when the Breeze is pulling out of ports too. It doesn't last for long.

The porthole room had lots of room to move around, and plenty of storage space. And having the two 'porthole' windows to actually see outside and let light into the cabin was a bonus. I'm looking to book another 8-day cruise on Breeze and I'm definitely booking a porthole cabin again. :)

Archived