B2B luggage question

ceejilly

After a fantastic first cruise on Quest last April, my wife and I are planning to book a b2b cruise on Quest for next year. Our TA recommended booking a guaranteed stateroom opposed to a named stateroom as there would be big savings but of course the negative is that we would have to move staterooms between the planned cruises. No problem, I'm up for saving £2000 just for an hours repack:rolleyes: My question is, is it a matter of totally repacking and placing suitcases outside the stateroom for it's transition to another stateroom the night before or does our steward move our hanging clothes etc on a hotel type trolley with suitcases in the morning:confused: Also I have heard that sometimes Azamara puts on an excursion in the morning so to get you off the ship during the make up for the next cruise and return when the new passengers are embarking, is this true? Of course we could fall lucky and stay accommodated in the original stateroom:)

After a fantastic first cruise on Quest last April, my wife and I are planning to book a b2b cruise on Quest for next year. Our TA recommended booking a guaranteed stateroom opposed to a named stateroom as there would be big savings but of course the negative is that we would have to move staterooms between the planned cruises. No problem, I'm up for saving £2000 just for an hours repack:rolleyes: My question is, is it a matter of totally repacking and placing suitcases outside the stateroom for it's transition to another stateroom the night before or does our steward move our hanging clothes etc on a hotel type trolley with suitcases in the morning:confused: Also I have heard that sometimes Azamara puts on an excursion in the morning so to get you off the ship during the make up for the next cruise and return when the new passengers are embarking, is this true? Of course we could fall lucky and stay accommodated in the original stateroom:)

We had to move room mid cruise due to a problem with our room and the steward came with a rail and all the hanging items were put on that - they also swapped the drawers around rather than unpack them, so my guess is it will be a mid cruise tidy up that is all you will have to worry about and then you will get help with the move.

We did not have an excursion offered when we were back to back, I suspect it all depends on the port and how many guests are actually back to back. I think there was only about 8 of us which may explain why no excursion was offered. As it was a port we had already called at in the cruise and had been there the day before as well, coupled to hot weather we just enjoyed a very quiet time onboard - it was fascinating watching all the crew do during turnaround time, they certainly work very hard

Hi

We shall face the same issue next September so I would also be interested to find out hoe it works. Don't count on being allocated the same stateroom though. We have booked 14months in advance and have been allocated different staterooms for the B2B I did ask if we could be moved to the same stateroom for the 2 weeks because at 13 months prior to sailing I was aware that at least 30balcony cabins fitted this description for availability , many at the lower V3 grade and we didn't specify any particular cabins but it seems as though the system is inadequate to take into account B2B bookings . Maybe it's an issue Azamara need to look at, after all it will save the hard working crew time on change over days and make for happier more relaxed cruisers. Hope you strike lucky with your booking

Vicki

The shore excursion people or the concierge can put together special tours on a B2B day. We did one for 8 people in Athens that provided 2 guides and a minivan and driver, 4 went to the Acropolis and the other 4 went to the Acropolis Museum.Both guides were outstanding and we joined up for an excellent lunch in Plaka. The cost was reasonable compared to the standard excursions.

uktog, we thought the Cruise Show at the NEC to be very informative and tiring:rolleyes: but for our purposes a good day out. Most cruise lines are offering discounts between 5%-15%. Azamara offered a 5% discount on top of their published fares, bearing in mind though that all fares are due to be increased by the 1st October:eek: One thing to bear in mind though, as we fell into the trap......but are quick learners is if you purchase whilst onboard an open passage it's best to nominate Azamara instead of a TA because we were not able to use our open passage at the show due to having nominated a TA!! Not a big deal as they do not date expire, we'll use it another day I'm sure:)

That's bad news the price increase - that has not be talked about anywhere else, so thanks for highlighting it

Unfortunately, the show up here is Oct 6th :(

Could be the October price increase simply refers to the end date of the buy-inside-get-a-veranda promotion. There will be others.

Could be the October price increase simply refers to the end date of the buy-inside-get-a-veranda promotion. There will be others.

Andy has just posted that has been extended - for us the issue is what the pricing is on Oct 6-7 if we are to book at the show and take advantage of show discounts - we may not even go still to decide

Archived