Anyone from New Orleans, have question

Yazoo cruiser

Here's a link for some cab/taxi information in New Orleans. Hope it helps.

http://www.neworleansonline.com/tools/transportation/gettingaround/cabs.html

We are leaving out of New Orleans on our cruise and staying at the La Quinta, which is less than a mile form the port. Since we are from Alabama, we are taking the Amtrak to New Orleans leaving the day before. I don't mind driving, but would probably get tired on the way home, so we thought that this would be a great way to start our trip. My only concern is trying to find a hotel for our return back to New Orleans. We have to stay overnight so that we can catch the train out the next morning. A lot of the hotels are already booked, but I will find something. Good luck!

Here's a link for some cab/taxi information in New Orleans. Hope it helps.

http://www.neworleansonline.com/tools/transportation/gettingaround/cabs.html

We are leaving out of New Orleans on our cruise and staying at the La Quinta, which is less than a mile form the port. Since we are from Alabama, we are taking the Amtrak to New Orleans leaving the day before. I don't mind driving, but would probably get tired on the way home, so we thought that this would be a great way to start our trip. My only concern is trying to find a hotel for our return back to New Orleans. We have to stay overnight so that we can catch the train out the next morning. A lot of the hotels are already booked, but I will find something. Good luck!

If this is the La Quinta on Camp, I have stayed here every year for Jazz Fest and last month for a cruise. I walked there from the cheap airport bus, and walked to the port. Of course, I have NO mobility limitations, and pack light with only one rolling bag.

It is farther away than it looks on a map, about 12-14 miles. Probably about $25 in a cab.

I agree, a cab will be more than $25 and this is no place I would ever consider staying. I go to New Orleans to enjoy New Orleans. for me, location is a priority.

Archived