Problems with the POA Deck Plans and NCL Representatives

Midnight Blue

UPDATE............................. just got off of the phone with NCL's executive office's escalation team.

Resolution: we got a gratis studio cabin across from our Suite on Deck 13. Will carry all of the same amenities as the SUITE :) it gives us our extra bed and bathroom for the 1 guy that's traveling with us 3 gals................. :D yes I am happy !!!! Thanks NCL for doing the "right" thing!

PS- since the studios were sold out, there's probably a guest about to be visited by the Upgrade Fairy.;)

That is wonderful news.

What remains so puzzling is why it took NCL so long to come up with an offer such as this to solve their own problem.

(The same solution might not work for everyone affected by this, but there are certainly things that NCL *could* have tried sooner, and SHOULD have tried immediately upon realizing their errors.)

We hope that the others affected have been offered similarly satisfactory solutions, and/or partial refunds due to the lesser accommodations (compared with what was advertised), whichever works best for each passenger.

Thanks for reporting back.

GeezerCouple

That is wonderful news.

What remains so puzzling is why it took NCL so long to come up with an offer such as this to solve their own problem.

(The same solution might not work for everyone affected by this, but there are certainly things that NCL *could* have tried sooner, and SHOULD have tried immediately upon realizing their errors.)

We hope that the others affected have been offered similarly satisfactory solutions, and/or partial refunds due to the lesser accommodations (compared with what was advertised), whichever works best for each passenger.

Thanks for reporting back.

GeezerCouple

Thanks.. it works for us in this case.. we're all independent adults, no children so the extra studio cabin fulfills that need for that extra bathroom/bedroom that we were 'expecting' and being across the hall is not a big deal. I think they had several offers in the wings, but did not hear what they all were.... the first one they offered, seemed to be the best in terms of solving our 'problem'. We weren't looking for something for nothing, we only wanted what we thought we paid for. What a mess for them to clean up..

I really would have to say that if anyone has complained through that email address .. please let us know how that worked. Our concerns were voiced in a letter sent to the CEO .. CMMR (through the mail) with copies going to the Atty general of both FL and AZ , the FTC etc etc... we pulled out all of the stops. The idea was to let them know we were serious. We were. We only wanted what we paid for...

CactusFlower 527 ... so you must not be on deck 13 anymore?????

As I see there are no inside cabins on deck 13 ... only the studio type rooms.

Also, there are no inside rooms on deck 12....

Where did you end up at?

we are indeed still on Deck 13.. we have 13502 (Suite) and 13505 (family inside).. I'm thinking they must have added those family inside cabins fairly recently? (there are 4 of them right next to where the studios are). They were not on any previous deck plans. I was confused also ! I just assumed what she was giving me WAS a studio..

see Link..

http://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/pride_amer/decks/2/13#tab_detail

according to the legend, those 4 cabins next to the 4 studios are family inside.. correct?

Glad that it worked out, seems like a fair resolution.

I'm in a suite on deck 13 and my cousin is in a studio across the hall.

I wrote to NCL concierge to request that they extend suite benefits to him so he could join us in Cagneys. The response was:

"Unfortunately, breakfast and lunch in Cagney’s will not be extended to none suite guest. This is an exclusive perk granted to those whom are in suites only."

So...I guess its an exclusive perk except when its not.

Not a big deal, but I've read how the concierge will on occasion extend VIP status in this type of situation so didn't think it would hurt to make the request.

Yes you are correct...they are "now" there....where did they come from??? Oh well, hope the trip is good for you all. This might work out better for all of you...more of everything!

I have no idea where those extra family inside cabins came from, but it does answer the question we've had all along, there was a big empty space behind the studios - we just figured it was a housekeeping closet or something.. now there are 4 more cabins there. There are also updated photos and descriptions for the cabins ... (wonder how many people are freaking over there not being hot tubs on the deck ? says NONE of the suites on Deck 13 have them.. pretty sure that is another 'discrepancy') Honestly, I am not sure 'who' needs a hot tub when you are in Hawaii... but it's the principle.

After all this, I'm sure they're wishing they had just built those cabins the way they should have...like every other suite on the ship!

btw, I did confirm our cabin has the hospital curtain around the king bed..:( I asked the woman how this constituted being a bedroom? she really did not have an answer for me!

Now I'm trying to figure out if they will move the bed out of the "extra" inside cabin into our suite for the week, so no one has to do the sleeper sofa...

I wrote to NCL concierge to request that they extend suite benefits to him so he could join us in Cagneys. The response was:

"Unfortunately, breakfast and lunch in Cagney’s will not be extended to none suite guest. This is an exclusive perk granted to those whom are in suites only."

Not a big deal, but I've read how the concierge will on occasion extend VIP status in this type of situation so didn't think it would hurt to make the request.

back when one of our parties had booked one of the studios across the hall from our suite.. I asked the same thing and was told no, also. Subsequently one person in our suite cancelled over the summer - so we had space to move my friend in with us - so that's what we did and she cancelled her studio.

I think they are making an exception now because of the circumstances surrounding our reservations and what we "thought" we were booking and what we actually got (believe it or not, the 2 br/2 bath suite is STILL shown on our vacation summary when you click the drop-down!) They still haven't fixed it.

They could not put one guest on 2 cabins, so they had to move 1 of us over within their computer system, but they are still being considered a suite guest, and the inside cabin is being billed as that 4th person (not the full rate of the cabin).

Now what happens when we go to check in? is anyone's guess, but I'll have the printouts.

Why did you book this cruise?

I really feel for the passengers who are victims here...but confused that some are repeat customers.

My sailing on POA was the worst cruise I've ever taken. The service and food were awful. Really awful.

I'm devoted to cruising and count Epic amongst my favorite...so I'm not bashing NCL. I just find it difficult to believe that the onboard experience has improved enough to warrant a return visit. Has it?

They can't get suite perks, but just bring him to Cagney's with you and you won't have any problems. Just check-in with your cabin number.

I really feel for the passengers who are victims here...but confused that some are repeat customers.

My sailing on POA was the worst cruise I've ever taken. The service and food were awful. Really awful.

I'm devoted to cruising and count Epic amongst my favorite...so I'm not bashing NCL. I just find it difficult to believe that the onboard experience has improved enough to warrant a return visit. Has it?

The Pride of America 2007 is VERY different than the Pride of America now, very different.

Because we want to see several of the Hawaiian Islands - our goal is the Islands. This was the cheapest way for 4 people to do it.

My expectation of buffet food is not any higher on POA than any other place that has a buffet (however I am looking forward to the fresh pineapple). I don't gamble, and I am not on the ship to see shows, swim in pools etc. I want to sit out on my lanai in the evenings and morning and enjoy the scenery.

Many people that have sailed POA have done so numerous times, some appear to go almost every year. Can't be all that bad, right?

Edited by CactusFlower527

The concierge told us yesterday when we first got on that we could all bring 2 non- suite guests with us to cagneys for breakfast & lunch

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Forums mobile app

The concierge told us yesterday when we first got on that we could all bring 2 non- suite guests with us to cagneys for breakfast & lunch

Good to know, thank you. Leave in 2 days, board the ship this Saturday!

What a headache. So after all of the transfers were done - and I thought things were situated with this bonus cabin for our hawaii trip.. in fact they transferred enough money over to the 2nd freebie cabin (assigned to my brother), it is paid off with $0 owing; he is now getting emails demanding him to pay the $250 deposit. Gah........... there is not even any money owing this cabin he's staying in.. I will be calling the Executive office Escalation lady - Catherine - on Thursday to straighten this out.

Edited by CactusFlower527

I am onboard now. The concierge said all deck 13 cabins are full but I'm still working on him to get me in to take a picture :-). This picture is the balcony on 13002...its very big :-)....not as big as 13000/13500....but big. If you can't all fit inside have someone sleep outside ;-). I woke up at 4 am our first night and didn't want to disturb anyone so I put on my robe and went out back on our balcony (a wrap-around on aft ) and laid looking at the stars for an hour or so. It was awesome !!

1386215394749.jpg.ca3324414f1626b1085801a37a67ee98.jpg

I am onboard now. The concierge said all deck 13 cabins are full but I'm still working on him to get me in to take a picture :-). This picture is the balcony on 13002...its very big :-)....not as big as 13000/13500....but big. If you can't all fit inside have someone sleep outside ;-). I woke up at 4 am our first night and didn't want to disturb anyone so I put on my robe and went out back on our balcony (a wrap-around on aft ) and laid looking at the stars for an hour or so. It was awesome !!

we have 13502 and were told our balcony was 500' square feet ...

Glad you are enjoying your large balcony ! Sounds wonderful laying out there looking at the stars .

Can you tell if the balcony in suite 13000 wraps around the side at all ? We are in suite 13000 in May next year and I was hoping to be able to see around the side a bit but I couldn't really tell much from the pictures I've seen.

Happy Sailing . I hope you have an amazing trip !!

Cindy

If the concierge won't let you take pictures maybe he will take your camera and take some pictures for you ? It's worth a try :)

Just got onboard today. In SE suite on deck 13. Cabin is beautiful. Balcony is big, half covered half open. Table with 4 chairs and 2 loungers.

Will post photos when I get home next week.

Also looked at studio cabin. Very nice. Essentially the same as the studios on the Epic. Studio lounge seems to be wasted space tough. Some chairs and a TV shared by 4 cabins. One person blasting the TV can make life miserable for the other 3.

What I have seen of the ship so far seems to be in great shape.

Good to be onboard.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Forums mobile app

Glad you are enjoying your large balcony ! Sounds wonderful laying out there looking at the stars .

Can you tell if the balcony in suite 13000 wraps around the side at all ? We are in suite 13000 in May next year and I was hoping to be able to see around the side a bit but I couldn't really tell much from the pictures I've seen.

Happy Sailing . I hope you have an amazing trip !!

Cindy

ImageUploadedByForums1386570073.948752.jpg.3939ae180f5ae40950b5c61253250708.jpg

This is 13000 balcony! It is huge!!! It does wrap a bit around the side so you will be able to see. I never saw anyone on either that balcony or13500 when we were up there...hope you enjoy it!!

ImageUploadedByForums1386570278.251927.jpg.16d9d8ed9a483954b229097be8cd8de6.jpg