Celebrity Suite - Dinner Invite

Paddigton Bear

Now, that's too funny! How did the folks who received invitations to multiple tables decide where to sit? The poor Staff Captain most likely had to dine alone, as everyone probably wanted to sit with the "real" Captain -- or the Chief Engineer (after all, we've been fascinated with that role, since Scotty on Star Trek). :D

Sadly, in all of our years of cruising on X and RC, we have yet to receive one of those "special" dining invitations. And, I'm certainly not holding out much hope for our upcoming February cruise(s) on Century. Not only are we not in a suite, but we'll be way down the Captain's Club food chain on that one (LOL)! ;)

They didn't need to decide. They could go to ALL the tables.

We got our first invite on our last cruise (it was our 10th cruise). I think its because for the first time we actually went to the Senior Officers party and met the Captains Club hostess. Normally we skip that stuff but this time we took the time to meet and chit chat with them we think that might have been the basis for our invite. Who knows though. It was a nice enough evening but my husband ended up sitting next to a woman who knew everyone and everything about every Celebrity ship. It was rather tiresome!!

A luck of the draw for some, but many are usual invitees. Think we'll start passing on the invitation, no longer a big, or even a little, deal.

We got our first invite on our last cruise (it was our 10th cruise). I think its because for the first time we actually went to the Senior Officers party and met the Captains Club hostess. Normally we skip that stuff but this time we took the time to meet and chit chat with them we think that might have been the basis for our invite. Who knows though. It was a nice enough evening but my husband ended up sitting next to a woman who knew everyone and everything about every Celebrity ship. It was rather tiresome!!

She must have been a member of Cruise Critic! :D

This last May on Summit, we were in a Royal Suite and got invited to the second of two officer's table formal nights. It was only our second Celebrity cruise, so our seniority in Captain's Club had nothing to do with it. We got to eat with the hotel manager and the customer service manager. The table was a mixture of suite and well-traveled Captain's Club folks. It was a fun evening. We had interacted with Tian, the Captain's Club hostess earlier in the cruise, and she and our butler knew we were prepared to "put on the Ritz" for formal night, so that may have something to do with it. Everybody at the table was dressed toward the higher end of the formal night attire scale.

Our last cruise was in a Celebrity Suite, and we did get invited to the Captain's table on the second formal night. However, I think the invitation we received had less to do with the fact that we were in a suite, and more to do with the friendship we struck up with the Captain's Club hostess. That, and the fact that we always dress well in the evening, with skirts/dresses for me and slacks and a blazer for DH on non-formal evenings, and a fancy cocktail dress or gown and tux on formal evenings. Regardless, I'm sure you'll have a great time on formal nights, even if you don't get an invitation to the Captain's table!

Have a great cruise and enjoy that wonderful suite!

Knowing the host/hostess is certainly an advantage. Several have told me that putting a table together is one of the most stressful parts of their job. The last thing they want is to fill a table with people who don't mix. Several have also told me that they will not invite people who ask them for an invitation, although some posters would argue that point.

I have been in a CS twice and RS once and have never had an invitation to an officer's table. But that is ok with me, I would probably not accept. Would feel awkward.

It does seem kind of put on...on our last Azamara cruise, the captain was very accessible and most nights you could ask to dine with him...a couple of times we saw a couple dressed to the "nines" who dined with the captain and his girlfriend...on our way home we saw them again at the airport...her with terribly mussed hair and he with too short pants and ripped underwear sticking out...oh how the mighty fall...

I have been in a CS twice and RS once and have never had an invitation to an officer's table. But that is ok with me, I would probably not accept. Would feel awkward.

We haven't been asked and if so would politely thank them and decline. Just not our thing. I would much rather someone else who would enjoy it be able to attend. Different strokes.:)

I think the people get picked from a hat! LOL

DH and I were asked to have dinner at the captain's table last year. It was our second cruise and we are not joiners. It was our 10yr anniversary but there were TONS of people celebrating things. We were just in CC so not even in a suite or anything.

Archived