Taxi cost Lisbon airport to Marriott?

Can anyone tell me what a cab should cost from the airport to the Lisbon Marriott? Also, we will need a larger cab as we are two people with four suitcases total. Is that a possibility? We can always contact the hotel and have them arrange a car for us if that would be necessary.

Thanks in advance for any information.

K

Can anyone tell me what a cab should cost from the airport to the Lisbon Marriott? Also, we will need a larger cab as we are two people with four suitcases total. Is that a possibility? We can always contact the hotel and have them arrange a car for us if that would be necessary.

Thanks in advance for any information.

K

If you also count the Renaissance hotel in the Eixample, there are three Marriott hotels in Lisbon. Make sure your driver knows which one you want.

The estimate you've received of 10-12 Euros is woefully low. Multiply the 10 X 3 and you've got the price from the Renaissance to the airport. I don't know the location of the other two Marriott hotels in the city, but as long as they're in the city, they aren't going to be anywhere in the 10-12 Euro range. Incidentally, at 7:00 AM on a Tuesday, we made the drive in 20 minutes, but once the business day gets underway, count on a 30 minute drive.

I was referring to Lisbon Marriott Hotel located at Avenida Combatentes 45. According to Google maps distance to that location from the airport is 6.3km or 8 min ride. https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Lisbon+Portela+Airport,+Lisbon,+Portugal&daddr=Lisbon+Marriott+Hotel,+Lisbon,+Portugal&hl=en&sll=38.751573,-9.16337&sspn=0.012316,0.027595&geocode=Ff6WTwId0LF0_yFGbQNYPqVmCimDAdkWRjIZDTFGbQNYPqVmCg%3BFTo8TwIdly10_yE0jxG_ItsQnSll1igyGTMZDTE0jxG_ItsQnQ&oq=lis&mra=ls&t=m&z=14 Taxi fare for that distance is around 6-7€ + 1.60€ luggage surcharge. Slow traffic conditions will add to the fare that's why I estimated 10-12€.

I went to Novotel Lisboa (which about 10km away) & paid 12€ with traffic.

It's also possible to purchase fixed price taxi coupons from tourist desk at Arrivals (they may be around 16-17) but for that short distance I probably wouldn't bother.

I was referring to Lisbon Marriott Hotel located at Avenida Combatentes 45. According to Google maps distance to that location from the airport is 6.3km or 8 min ride. Taxi fare for that distance is around 6-7€ + 1.60€ luggage surcharge. Slow traffic conditions will add to the fare that's why I estimated 10-12€.

To the OP,

You probably won't pay less than 10-12 Euros and you probably won't pay more than 30 Euros.

I can't say whether we had a surcharge for a time-call -- rather than hailing a taxi on the street -- for our recent trip to the BCN airport. All I know is that the reality of time and cost matched what our hotel had predicted.

I really appreciate the timely and informative responses! I think I will just look for a large sedan or minivan.

I can always count on CC for the answers!

Thanks again,

K

Whoops! Don't count on me this time for an informative response! I had a real "duh" moment. I supplied information about our recent taxi ride in Barcelona not Lisbon.

Apologies!

Archived