Adventure of the Seas Hump Cabin 6318 - Pictures or Reviews???

Lovemylabs

I don't care for balcony cabins on deck 6 on Adventure (Explorer and Voyager, too) because the balcony front is all steel and comes up about waist high. On decks 7-10, the balcony front is steel about knee or mid-thigh high topped with glass so your view is broader.

I don't care for balcony cabins on deck 6 on Adventure (Explorer and Voyager, too) because the balcony front is all steel and comes up about waist high. On decks 7-10, the balcony front is steel about knee or mid-thigh high topped with glass so your view is broader.

I saw this post yesterday, so today I phoned RCL and they assured me that the balconies on deck 6 do not have steel instead of glass, if they did they would be classed as obstructed views. Do you have pictures of the balconies? I don't want to get on the ship in March and find out that what they describe as unobstructed is different to my definition.

Thanks for the help.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

just got off the Adventure 9 days ago. Same size as the Liberty but Liberty was much more open!

Didn't like the balcony at all. The most private of all but really only a picture window extention. Best bang for your buck is the Liberty. Awsome. It's the size of the Adventure's Jr. Suite.

We were on deck 10.

hubby not home and forgot to show me how to attach pictures. Can anyone tell me how to do it?

Sorry but their explanation is a technicality. They are only suggesting there's no life boat. I think if there's anything above the railing but the sky it's not really a balcony. It's only wide enough to sit front facing in a regular lawn chair.

On the Liberty we could have dragged our mattress out on it. Didn't just giving you a perspective.

I have pictures of Adventure and Liberty. Radiance was our first one and you'd think we'd have a lot of pictures but I can't find any.

Here is the side of the Adventure of the seas. We were on 7 (2 floors up from the life boats). As you can see from the man standing on his balcony, it does not have a full glass balcony,ImageUploadedByForums1393391694.229726.jpg.cf09b38a69decf092dcad5a0dd2eb8b8.jpg it is against the blue stripe on the ship. There is a couple on the 7th just above him.

Valiamo!

husband says ship looks live a converted cargo ship.

if you go to this link (staunch supporter of this ship)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1799453

I think the second picture shows it best

please draw your eye to just one of the cabins (not details of written response) and you will see what I'm talking about. There is a large metal oval above the railing which doesn't give you a full ocean view.

I really liked this ship but felt cheated out of my full ocean view (trying to drop the word "obstructed" as it seems to be a word that can be defined differently for different people. LOL)

Hope this helps.

I'd love to see or hear about Adventure 6318. I think the poster is confused about the glass under the railing because we were on the 10th deck and it was glass beneath. We didn't care at all for the "overhang" that was in steel.

Have you ever had a cabin on the aft? Are they better?

I hope I haven't lost you all and can be actual help.

This is an D-1 Superior Ocean View balcony cabin on the 10th deck cabin 1540 (thought I'd explain as there is NO 15th deck) for those of you who know, I apologize. 2j4ugpy.jpg