Chops on Explorer

We are leaving Sunday on EOS to the eastern carib and wonder what would be the best day to go to Chops. I've heard wednesday is because it is like carribean night or something. Does anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks

Jason Paul

EOS July 10

yes, carribean night is a good one for Chops or Portofino. Here is a link for a menu from last year - don't think they change that much - but you can see day 4 is not a good night for the restaurant. Day 2 and 6 are formal nights - therefore filet and lobster nights.

http://home.carolina.rr.com/thekissingers/NewRCLMenus.pdf

I've read this several times before. Why is Caribbean night a good night for Chops? Is it most people DON'T like what the dining room is offering, or most people DO like what Chops is offering that night?

Just curious. Thanks.

I feel the first night is the best night to go to Chops or Portofino. Menu is never that great on the first night. Also we had open seating on a couple of our cruises the first night which is usually chaotic.

I've read this several times before. Why is Caribbean night a good night for Chops? Is it most people DON'T like what the dining room is offering, or most people DO like what Chops is offering that night?

Just curious. Thanks.

Look at the menu I posted before your comment and you will see that on Day Four (Carribean Night) the menu is not the best. That is why people go to Chops or Portofino. I also happen to think day 1 and 3 are also good nights to skip the dining room and go to Chops or Portofino. BTW Portofino is to die for. It is fantastic and well worth the extra $20 pp.

On the ships which have no alternative dining the food in the regular dining room is great. It seems on the ships with alternative dining the regular dining room menu seems to be lacking in quality except on formal nights.

was the menu link for portofinos? or the main dining room?

BTW the menu for Portofino's was wonderful - much better than the main dining room. That's why you are paying $20 more pp.

You get a five course meal that is 5 star.

There was a time not too long ago when you didn't have to fork up an extra 20 bucks for the quality food. Seems my choice in the "regular" dining room (other than formal nights) comes down to pork chops or ravioli. I'm assuming peanut butter and jelly sandwiches will be making an appearance on the "regular" dining room menu shortly.

Archived