Beach Day or Rent a Jeep?

tampabrat22

My mind is mush, been reading these boards, trip advisor, Carnival's excursions etc for the past 4 hours. I have to pick something and be done, please help!:eek: We will be in Aruba on Oct 31st via the Carnival Breeze from 8a-4p, would love to see some of the sights and/or spend time at a nice beach.

I've narrowed it down to either an open air bus tour, Eagle or Palm beach via taxis or just renting Jeeps and doing the sights & beach on our own. We are a group of 11 people ages from 11-44 (two families and some single friends). Our must haves would be chairs, umbrella/palapas, bar & bathrooms (water sports/activities would be a bonus but not a deal breaker).

I'm torn on what to do after reading so much conflicting info and such. A fun, relaxing day is all we want, some sightseeing and a few hours of beach time would be great.

My mind is mush, been reading these boards, trip advisor, Carnival's excursions etc for the past 4 hours. I have to pick something and be done, please help!:eek: We will be in Aruba on Oct 31st via the Carnival Breeze from 8a-4p, would love to see some of the sights and/or spend time at a nice beach.

I've narrowed it down to either an open air bus tour, Eagle or Palm beach via taxis or just renting Jeeps and doing the sights & beach on our own. We are a group of 11 people ages from 11-44 (two families and some single friends). Our must haves would be chairs, umbrella/palapas, bar & bathrooms (water sports/activities would be a bonus but not a deal breaker).

I'm torn on what to do after reading so much conflicting info and such. A fun, relaxing day is all we want, some sightseeing and a few hours of beach time would be great.

I can only answer your beach question. I have been to Eagle Beach several times. It is less crowded than Palm beach (next one over), but lively enough. What you'll have to ask of someone else is whether there are any water sports/activities, can't remember. As there 11 in your group, hiring multiple cabs would not be my choice. The local bus costs #2.30. pp and is so-o-o easy and convenient to use. It's probably a 10-15 min drive. You pick up the bus (#10) at the main bus station just across the street from where you exit the ship.

Ask to be dropped off at Amsterdam Manor where you will find a beautiful beach, chairs/umbrellas for rent, restrooms, and a beach bar/restaurant. Lots of shade under the trees too. When you are done just go back to where the bus dropped you off and within 15 min. a bus will be by to pick you up.

• 3 weeks later...

Do both. Rent a jeep and head across the island and explore the shoreline where you'll find the old goldmine, the natural bridge and many secluded coves; but over there you won't find any restaurants or bathrooms.

We love Aruba and from the first visit found it easy to navigate. Bonbini

Archived