Wonderful Week on Breakaway 9/8/13 to 9/15/13

sjnyc323

Just wanted to again send my praises about my cruise on the Breakaway last week. We had an awesome time on a most beautiful ship with fabulous crew and senior officers . Shows were just amazing the best I have seen amongst all the NCL ships I have been on. Cirque Dreams dinner show was terrific as well as Rock Of Ages and Burn the Floor.The Breakaway is an awesome gorgeous ship subdued and elegant and amazing. I must sail on her again in the future. Seemed more like a hotel then a ship which I though was awesome change. Just amazing and beautiful. Big ship but easy to get around and I never felt crowded except pool area but I didn't spend time there so no bother to me .

I had many many vacation heroes this cruise for one Ryan Rabe concierge extraordinaire and Elvina De Menses assistant concierge both awesome and sweet and part of my extended family! Love them both. Had the most awesome Butler Mark Santos and yes now family too!!! He was attentive and always there if we needed him. Had the most awesome room steward Caroline she knew us by name and took wonderful care of our suite and was a wonderful person. What can I say about O'neil Pandit assistant bar manager who looked out for us as well. He is awesome and wonderful as well and family too!!!

FB director Mustafa is awesome and always very attentive and helpful.

Melca Executive Housekeeping awesome as well as HD secretary Rashida and guest service supervisor Manuel Japson. All the crew in Haven Restaurant were so awesome loved them all. They all made us feel so special. Cruise director Dan the man Olsson awesome as usual and great seeing him again. He is a great guy. All these guys are awesome team.

Jr Bar Server Dhruv Bogati is awesome as well. Great service and always with a big smile.

We ate at Cagney's,Le Bistro, La Cucina, Moderno and the Haven Restaurant. All were excellent. Food delicious and service superb.

I must say Captain Hakun did a great job taking is away from storm and into wonderful weather!! Awesome job well done!

What can I say about Sean Wurmhoeringer best HD and dear sweet friend. He is awesome and rocks. He makes us feel so special when we sail with him and that means the world to me. I am his personal cheerleader and fan club president and can't wait to sail with him again. Sean is a true hotelier who believes a happy crew means happy passengers. And how true it is. The smiling crew were always willing to assist in any way they could and the feeling of love and affection from the team was so heartfelt. I am so looking for the Getaway and hope to get a peak at it while its docked in my home town in January and looking forward to sailing in February.

We arrived in Bermuda 12 hours late due to storm but it would not have even mattered if we didn't get to dock until we returned to NYC. This was the best cruise ever with the best team ever.

Again once again kudos to NCL for making my cruise on Breakaway a most memorable experience for me and my mom. Crew staff and senior officers are what keep me coming back and only choosing Norwegian Cruise Line.

Hi Suzanne,

When NCL used to give out the comment cards and ask why you booked that cruise I used to write in "crew." You're right that a happy crew means happy passengers and Sean is such a supportive HD to his fine crew.

Glad you and your mom had such a good cruise. We have to wait till Jan. to experience Breakaway.

You mention Rashida in your review. Is that the same Rashida who was HD secy on Epic? She is a real sweetheart. Do you have any idea how long she might be on?

Hugo Vanosmael will be HD for our cruise and he is also a perfect host and runs a great ship! Wonderful relationship with the crew.

With many staff heading to Getaway though, there will be lots of new faces onboard by Jan.

Any standout servers in the DR or specialties?

Any standout meals?

What's up next for you and Barbara?;):)

Thank you for sharing. I feel it is important to recognize the people who make our vacations so very special. These people work so very hard under conditions most of us would find dreadful (super long days--I'm sure dealing with some very difficult people) and they mostly remain so very cheery and helpful.

Thank you for giving these folks some well deserved recognition. Hopefully all those hero cards make a difference!

Debbie

Hi Suzanne' date='

When NCL used to give out the comment cards and ask why you booked that cruise I used to write in "crew." You're right that a happy crew means happy passengers and Sean is such a supportive HD to his fine crew.

Glad you and your mom had such a good cruise. We have to wait till Jan. to experience Breakaway.

You mention Rashida in your review. Is that the same Rashida who was HD secy on Epic? She is a real sweetheart. Do you have any idea how long she might be on?

Hugo Vanosmael will be HD for our cruise and he is also a perfect host and runs a great ship! Wonderful relationship with the crew.

With many staff heading to Getaway though, there will be lots of new faces onboard by Jan.

Any standout servers in the DR or specialties?

Any standout meals?

What's up next for you and Barbara?;):)[/quote']

Thanks Barbara

My next cruise is Oct13 2013 Miami to LA Panama Canal on the Star with friends we met on previous cruises and the the Getaway in February 2014. Yes Rashida is the same one from Epic as well. I think she is going to Getaway as well.

Hugo is an awesome HD as well. Sean went on vacation Sunday Hugo took over the reigns as HD last Wednesday.

We sailed with Hugo on the Jewel before.

We didn't have any dinners in the main dining room. We did Cirque Dream Jungle Fantasy Dinner show which was awesome and the food was actually very good. It was a fixed menu steak and shrimp and fresh mozzarella and tomato salad and dessert and coffee.

We are in La Cucina twice service was awesome food excellent and also are in Le Bistro and Cagney's and Moderno and one evening in the Haven Restaurant. We had an awesome time.

Rock of Ages and Burn The Floor were excellent shows

Suzanne

Thank you for sharing. I feel it is important to recognize the people who make our vacations so very special. These people work so very hard under conditions most of us would find dreadful (super long days--I'm sure dealing with some very difficult people) and they mostly remain so very cheery and helpful.

Thank you for giving these folks some well deserved recognition. Hopefully all those hero cards make a difference!

Debbie

Thanks Debbie

It was an awesome cruise

Suzanne

Archived