Taupe Cabana

drdaddy

I haven't seen much talk about the Taupe cabana on HMC. We just booked it because it and the yellow and terra cotta were the only ones left for Oct. 22!! Three and 1/2 months in advance and they are gone. Unbelievable. And I am sure they are all CC'ers, right?

How is this one? I think it used to be called the Tan. It is the first one from the ship. I am sure the foot traffic will be a potential problem but does anyone have first hand knowledge?

Thanks

We had the taupe cabana last December, and we found it very convient to almost everything. Foot traffic was not a problem, and we could always find a bar waiter, as the bar was very close by. It was in wonderful condition, and everything was in good working order.

We had the yellow one last year. It was dirty and in ill repair. Service was next to non existent. On the positive side, your cabana will be close to everything, including rest rooms, but you will have alot more people around you. Most people seem to love them, but I would not book one again, as you are there only a short time and I would rather be in the beautiful water than sitting in a cabana.

Gary

Sounds good to me! I know it is a little expensive but we are in an indulging mood. I love to snorkel and DW loves to relax. Sounds like a plan to me.

I figure the foot traffic might be a little more than further down but it will be closer to the snorkeling (I might do the excursion offered by HAL anyway) and with the cabana, we can stay there til the end. We did HMC before, got there real early and got a great spot. After around 11 AM, it was mobbed. This way we have a own little space.

The only thing that worries me is that if we both go off, will someone think we are gone for good and all the toys and stuff disappear. I hope not but people sometimes may not think.

The only thing that worries me is that if we both go off, will someone think we are gone for good and all the toys and stuff disappear. I hope not but people sometimes may not think.
Anything is possible but just tell your cabana boy to watch your stuff, we also put a towel across the front entrance to let others know not to enter, everything was fine when we got back :)

Archived